Does anyone here ever clean car interiors as a side hustle?

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
I’m just curious to see if you guys have done car interiors or not (I’m sure some of you do on occasion) but what do you charge for something like that?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I used to do them when I was hungry...

I took up fasting.. mucho betterer

like anything, whats the local competition/pricing?

I charge twice what the local tilers charge for grout repair, but they are booked out 6 months

Name
Steve Lawrence
Takes a lot of time to do it well. But, we do have tools. Crappy work, though. I think this service is for start ups. We quit 35 years ago. Cars are DIRTY!

Reactions: Mikey P

Anthony E

Name
Anthony Edwards
Thanks fellas. It wasn’t something I was looking into perusing, just if it came up. I have a friend that wants her seats cleaned so I was just curious to know. I cleaned my own car and my dumb ass rolled the windows up too soon and that shit smelled like pure musk the next day. Couldn’t trust customers not to make the same mistake haha. Plus I live in LA county so the amount of mobile detailers is through the roof.

While we’re on the topic, what do you guys charge for RV’s and boats?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Thanks fellas. It wasn’t something I was looking into perusing, just if it came up. I have a friend that wants her seats cleaned so I was just curious to know. I cleaned my own car and my dumb ass rolled the windows up too soon and that shit smelled like pure musk the next day. Couldn’t trust customers not to make the same mistake haha. Plus I live in LA county so the amount of mobile detailers is through the roof.

SEE, it’s always #afriend!! FLEE!!

Reactions: hogjowl

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've done lots of cars but carpet and upholstery only. When they find out how much I charge, they realize that they can get a full detail for much less. I still do the odd one for a couple of body shops. Insurance claims usually.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You can do well detailing if that's what you're set up to do. As a sideline to carpet cleaning it would be a pain unless you really loved doing it.

Pricing from a well regarded local detailer. (Always busy) They sell lots of add-ons as well as exterior detailing. They say the average job ticket is around $400.

INTERIOR​

Vac + Wipe,
Steam Clean Panels + Seats,
Deep Clean Carpets + lightly Clean Headliner
Condition leather seats

SM $200 | M $225 | L $250 | XL $275

Another detailer about two miles from this one does not advertise, has no web presence, and is booked out three to four weeks. His interior detail starts at $400. He wouldn't say what he averages.

PS: One of our ex-employees started a detail shop and was doing great until he morphed out of the business. He did a few specialty cars for dealers and they liked his before and after photos so much they paid him to take pics of their cars for ads. That's all he does now - or I guess did, since dealers aren't selling much these days.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

most all us did sewer work to keep from starving in the beginning.
crappy restaurants at night for cheap.
2bd rm apts for $75
and cars....

unless your spouse has a great job with bennies, you'll pay your dues too to put food on the table.
...ain't no shame in that

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I got out of carpet cleaning in 94. Sold everything off and started working at a new detailing shop. It's even more fulfilling than cleaning the crap out of a filthy. It wasn't long until I got to be the manager with an 11 person crew. One kid I had would wet sand , cut polish and paint seal a car in 3 hours or so. At 400 a pop it was profitable. An interior was 150 and up depending on what was needed. We always blew them out with compressed air to take out a whack of dry soil.
A headliner started at 80..Sprayfoam window cleaner and towels. Baby oil instead of Armour All. Left a nice scent.
You can make money but it's work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom