Does anyone know of a specialized odor school?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

Inspections are what I do, see http://www.flooringinspector.com

In the past few years I have had 2 "mold smelling" buildings that I can't find the culprit in. Both buildings had old water damage that was repaired. There is no visible mold, or even elevated mold spores counts. In fact there is no smell, until the humidity gets high. Obviously there is some hidden mold behind something that will not allow spores to pass through, but does allow mold gas to pass through.

I feel as though I am at a loss in finding the problems in these 2 buildings, and didn’t charge for the inspections. However can anyone help me to get the training to go to the next level?

Thx,
Dale

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Check with the IAQA they have plenty of classes.

There are hand held air quality monitors available that can monitor VOC's, not sure if it can also monitor MVOC's but worth checking into.

There are Mold dogs that are trained to find the source. Lamunyon's down in Hutchinson, KS had one back when mold was huge.

Maybe one them would help?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Guys:

I want to keep this at the top, it really means a lot to me.

I appreciate Richard’s suggestions, and agree these are things to consider. I know one answer is to buy a mold dog. But like noted I have only had 2 occasions over the year that I could not find the problem.

I have taken 2 mold inspection courses, a mold remediation course and many related ones (see website under resume/cv). The IAQA is the largest group, and I am considering joining them. It is my understanding they teach behind the wall sampling like the 2 schools that I took. But in regards to these, it would require sampling from virtually every cavity in comparison.

To know where to begin is what I am trying to determine. Is their advanced training? I have sent emails to the IAQA and 2 others and have not yet gotten an answer. If they have the training, I am happy to join

Sincerely,
Dale

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom