Does anyone think???...............

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Powerclean will benefit at all from the positive statements about the Genesis. I'll tell ya, when the machine runs, its awesome, when it doesn't, I feel like setting it on fire.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
admiralclean said:
Is the key in the switch?

Sorry Marty, That kinda help I don't need. I take notes on what not to do from you.

Brian Luddy said:
How often are you having problems with it?

My problems go in streaks. My machine is in a regular van and I think it might be heat sensitive.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
admiralclean said:
Put a fan on it while running and get to work.

I have one mounted on the machine and blow another one while the machine is running. Seems to make it better.

harryhides said:
Could need an "O" Ring somewhere.

LOL.

Walt

The machine at Mytee fest had the air intake ran to the rear of the van. About eight feet from the machine. I am sure that it has something to do with the heat and a standard height van.

Might PM the owner.

Greenie

Heat is always a problem with any TM in a van, let alone a BIG TM in a van, I'm biased to not installing them in standard vans, funny how the ZXT's brother the Diesel units seem to end up in tall Sprinters and have very few issues, coinicidence, or jsut worked out to be a better working environment?

Since you said the fan on it seemed to help, I think there is a huge hint there, airflow can never be bad on 100 degree summer day.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Most probably know that I have a PowerClean Victory and heat has been a huge problem. I've done a number of things that have helped including adding fans and additional header wrap. Recently I had the complete exhaust from the engine to the diverter ceramic coated. It has made a big difference. I believe I heard the new diesel Genys has ceramic coating.

Mike

I had a problem with heat shutting down my Genesis 59 w/ the fuel injected Nissan engine. After some doing some diognostics I found that the ECU (computer for the fuel injection) was overheating and shutting down the engine. On my machine the ECU was mounted right over the exhaust manifold. I simlpy made a bracket and mounted it outside of the machine housing. I had to extend the whole wiring harness. If I remember right it was about 35 wires. This solved the heat shutdown problem. Electronic components don't like heat.so being mounted inside the machine housing right over the engine was not the greatest idea. Hope this helps.

R

R W

Doug Cox said:
Powerclean will benefit at all from the positive statements about the Genesis. I'll tell ya, when the machine runs, its awesome, when it doesn't, I feel like setting it on fire.

Ah, Doug....I feel the same way. Just finished up a dual-wanding job, and the Genny purred like a kitten. Now when Summer gets here, and the heat and humidity sets in, cooling is a BIG problem, even in my extended Chevy van. This year will see a roof vent with a fan.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I put a roof vent with a fan and remote control and it makes a big difference in how hot the van gets.

G

I replaced the stock cooling fan on my nissan with a 16" 1400 cfm fan

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom