Does Anyone use Scents in their everday cleanings?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
does anyone use scents or scented deodorizers in their everyday cleaning? If so what do you use? what do customers like the best?

Rescue

I always finish with a scent of a product called Odabon. It is part of my cleaning

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Too many people are sensitive to perfumes to leave an unasked for odor.

For every customer that likes an odor, another will be annoyed, so why add the extra expense? More and more often someone will be enraged or will have a negative health reaction, so we try to eliminate the use of any scented products.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah carpet shouldn't stink but i was wondering how many people leave scents. i sometimes use apple scents on the bad ones but most of the time i don't. thanks for the input.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I'm with Jeremy. Who cleans Every day :D

As far as leaving a scent goes, I like to use Hydramasters Clear Water Rinse when I can (read 'my injection system is working). Very faint smell, but it's great. I've had a lot of good comments on it.

It also keeps the QD's nice and clean.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I always mist the carpet with some Fab-set before grooming..........nice fresh smell and leaves everything neutral....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I always try to use common sense and I vacuum up cents that are on the floor. :wink:

As for leaving scents, I don't. As mentioned, one person will like it the the next wants me to clean it out. Using the O2 system, gives it a fresh orange smell during the job and when finished it is left with a just a fresh smell, no real fragrance. Even the citrus smell is mostly gone.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Jim Martin said:
I always mist the carpet with some Fab-set before grooming..........nice fresh smell and leaves everything neutral....

I don't care for the smell of fabset, if I was a customer I would not like it. besides adding more water after the cleaning, not something I would like to do, back when I used an acid rinse on all my jobs I also ran prochems floursil floral in with it. no I run plain ole soft water and rely on the smell my prespray has, which seems to work just fine

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've always used Jon Dons Matrix Lemon Fresh and people would always comment on how great it smelled. I used to use alot more than I do now.

Fon Johnson

I just let'em smell whatever pre-spray and rinse I am using (some of which don't smell.) Too many people are sensitive to odors. I detest Ododban. It is not so much the smell (which I hate) as it is the fact that it triggers a migraine in about 30 seconds. When I walk in somewhere and smell it, I hold by breath and run away. I avoid the aisle it is in at Sam's Club too.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Ultra Rinse from DooDaddy has the best smell of any acid rinse I've used.

In fact, I love combining the orange scent of Judson's prespray with Duane's Ultra Rinse.

Yesterday, I cleaned a greasy fellowshop hallway in a church account I do monthly. I cleaned it with Clean Streak and rinsed with Ultra Rinse. I went back this morning and could still catch a very faint odor of the Ultra Rinse. Smelled pleasant.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
alright hey thanks guys. i have people who like scents and others well i haven't ever had anyone complain about scents. i do use fab set and people like the scent of that and i use it alot. i only ever leave a very light scent due to the fact that to much is over powering to alot of people. i clean alot of apartments and the landlords want a new/ fresh scent so the hopeful tenants like it.

Thanks again for all the input.

hogjowl

Idiot™
We all have been around here long enough to know that you are going to keep on doing whatever it is you are doing anyway, no matter what we say, so we just naturally agree with you and then laugh at you behind your back. :lol:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Scott:

Marty is one of those people I warned you about when you joined MB .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, the group of guys who replied to you here, including of course the "Alabama Sage", are among the best and brightest cleaners I know.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Thanks jim, I'm weeding out the pros from the cons.
i take what everyone says as suggestions. what some people do in one area might be totally differant in another. but i do appreciate the input and have learned alot from MB.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom