Does the forward stroke clean better?

Mikey P

Administrator
Enlarge your photo please

Btw, I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this new wand!.
While not ultra high performance, it's just fine for 80% of what we do.

You ever go on a diet and loose 20 pounds?

Like that.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You are going to have to send me this wand you are all in a hoopla about. It sounds like you tasted an iccee for the first time.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I clicked it and it worked and yes the forward pass seem to clean better but, was the back stroke pass conducted in a more traffic area than the forward pass.

As it appeared the forward pass was closer to the wall and regular style was conducted maybe in a more trafficked area a bit furthe out from the wall?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron ;

When we were testing the "forward vs. pull stroke" , the carpet was sprayed with the wand held up in the air.

That way it was evenly sprayed before any extraction strokes.

Sorry if that wasn't clear .

Larry

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
"If" it really is cleaner, I think it may have more to do with the additional dwell time the solution has on the carpet.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Ron, on your first test you sprayed solution only, then recovered it during the one and only pull stroke. On the second test you keyed while pulling - recovering as you went, then did another push and another pull, for a total of three strokes (both pushing AND pulling) after the solution was sprayed.

Of course the second test turned out better.....

It seems pretty simple to me - forward stroke tends to force the wand into the fibers, increasing recovery, while pulling the wand tends to lift it off the fibers, hurting recovery. But if you do both - as in keying during the pull stroke then pushing back to where you started it's a moot point.

beagle

Name
bob
enjoyment

If you are enjoying a new wand you should get a 360i and then you will know what enjoyment is !

Reactions: SamIam

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
:icon_rolleyes: The dry pass wasn't necessary but for some reason I did it. Stop the video after I do the ONE pass and look. Too damn many variables to think of at 11pm.

I don't get your test Larry, you're air wanding??? Did you spray the carpet then just do a forward dry pass on one side and a backward pull on the other side?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

We sprayed the entire 4' x 8' area with solution from the wand.

Then we extracted with a 10# weight on the wand head, applying only horizontal force to move the wand in both directions.

Larry

Last edited:
Name
Ron lippold
Just by the looks of it ron im thinking you hav then95 jets on that baby. I put on a bigger solution line and 30 flow jets 110 degree. It give me a much better spray pattern. I cleaned 8000 sq ft this morning in 3 and a half hours. I like it. But it still does not put out as much water as my ti wand. But it is faster.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I don't think he said it cleans better I think he said it generates 10% more lift on the forward stroke.

Which depends on wanding style to if you lean hard and press with your wand like Bob Vawter at MF 10 you probably get 20 % more lift and a wand that screams get off me you .....

Reactions: KevinL

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Sam;

The forward stroke generated more than 15% more lift

AND cleaned better.

I still don't understand the physics involved.

Larry

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Ya but you added a 10 pound weight and cleaned better visually??? I will push carpets to make a the pile look better when its just fugly.

I understand how sheer works, but maybe some of the solution is sinking soil rather then extracting on the push! I think there are a lot of factors to just say this works better.

I would like you to do what Caponi suggests do the forward stroke a backward stroke then use a IR tool to see what dries faster.

I can see a thick piled carpet creating more lift on the forward stroke theres more weight on the wand going forward. your pulling and lifting a little on the back stroke.

I usually run the water forwards and backwards 2x when cleaning most areas then dry stroke my NNNNNNN's into the carpet.

hopefully your not confusing the nap being lighter one way to darker the other for you conclusion of what cleans best.

post videos and photos please clean something besides CGD in your photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Ya dufus try a 360i Oh wait you own every friggin tool under the sun.

Why is it I'm feeling like I'm being sold something???? Errrrr.

Looks like a good wand when I win it I'll post reviews to.

Mikey P

Administrator
Ya dufus try a 360i Oh wait you own every friggin tool under the sun.

Why is it I'm feeling like I'm being sold something???? Errrrr.

Looks like a good wand when I win it I'll post reviews to.

I dont know Sam as I dont sell anything.

But us old doughy owner ops need all the help we can get when it comes longevity of our backs and joints

You will love this wand in furnished homes THAT DONT NEED ROTARY EXTRACTION.

or do and you need to wand the edges and corners..

30 flow...lol

Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
and are their goobers in Texas who dont do a forward wand stroke?

Larry I'd like to request that you perform a test to see which cleans better, a wand with the vacuum hose attached or a wand with out a vacuum hose attached.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Larry, I would agree there is more seal, higher lift, on the forward stroke. The recovery depends on how much lock down there is, which is why the glides improve the recovery, they don't lock down but allow the air to flow.

There's a difference in the recovery from what would be the rear vac slot to the forward. Recovery from the rear slot would be no better than what I showed in the back stroke of the wand, basically flooded carpet and the vac recovering the water. However, when doing the back stroke with the jet on, the water flow is towards the vac and can flow through.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Forward stroke seems to blow the soils out better in some cases.

Had one yesterday, bad transition approach into a kitchen from the living room.

Rear stroke made a big improvement but dang when I went forward an was still hammered down on the trigger she sure showed her colors.

I'll wand forward, backwards, sideways or upside down if thats what it takes : )

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom