Does timing matter when it comes to using fans to dry as you clean?

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
IMHO, and experience, "if" the carpet fibers are "completely cleaned" and rinsed with very good extraction performance, that this timing would not make a difference, period. After all, prior to drying with a fan, the fibers should completely be damp, and not just surface cleaned.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I could see that. Could have to do with evaporation potential as well. Assuming the carpet will be warmer than the ambient air(assuming cool and dry with AC or warm and dry with heat) within the first 5 mins, applying airflow to it quickly before it cools could provide more evaporation at the start. The airflow from the air mover would also help push the initial humidity out of the area and help the EP too because the moisture has to go somewhere.

Edit: shut up Marty.

Last edited:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I always open windows and turn on the fan before I poop. I believe in being proactive about it.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Swani
I leave air movers behind at 95% of my jobs. Being able to see how the carpets look and dried down has really helped me dial in my methods. I get very few wick backs now days. On FB I see a lot of cleaners bragging about how they don't agitate or do dry strokes, but I gurantee there's a lot more wicking going on then they know about.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I leave air movers behind at 95% of my jobs. Being able to see how the carpets look and dried down has really helped me dial in my methods. I get very few wick backs now days. On FB I see a lot of cleaners bragging about how they don't agitate or do dry strokes, but I gurantee there's a lot more wicking going on then they know about.
Not doing dry strokes is just plain lazy. Especially with modern glides. I am often doing a few more dry strokes just because I can.

Name
Matt Middleton
Lee Senter has done some testing that convinced him that if the snail or down draft fan is placed within the first five minutes of cleaning it will dry the carpet MUCH quicker than if placed 20 minutes or longer

Letting the rinse water drip down to the backing being the premise...
I agree.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom