Does your site get you any business?

DannyD

Hi all,

I did a search but w/ the ever changing internet I want more current thoughts.

I'm pleased w/ my rankings in my county (450,000 people) & main city I want to work in (50,000 people). I'm in the top 2-3 of Google's paid searches of Flint, the main city in my county. I'm in the top few of the natural searches in my target city. I'm also in the top few of a Yahoo local search. So all in all I'm happy w/ where I've ranked because I'm on the front page of everywhere I wish to be.

No ones looking at it though. Google hasn't charged me a penny, so I'm not getting any clicks. I was told by someone that someone w/ a website in Silicon Valley will get better results than someone who's business is in a less savvy technical area. I'm finding this out I guess as I'm in a Rust Belt town.

What has been your experiences w/ your site? Is it getting any business for you or not?

Thanx in advance,
Danny

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ours does good..............
we are not getting rich off of it but it pays for itself and makes a profit above the $89.00 a year we get charged for the hosting

diamond brian

I get 20-30 high-end customers from the web each month. Probably a combination of a decent web-site and lots of dual-income families in the area. My theory is that it's easier for a man or woman to shop for a carpet cleaner while at work by googling rather than yellow pages.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
What keywords are you searching on Danny?. I googled "carpet cleaning genesee" and could'nt find you.

We get some work from the internet but it's hard to tell where it's comming from. I've brought the click rate down and don't get seen till the 3rd page. Working on making the site rank higher in natural searches.

Albert

DannyD

Thanx for the responses.

Al, I'm in the paid section of Flint. It takes a bit to get into the top of the natural selection. From my understanding Google crawls the web every month or so. Keywords are "Carpet Cleaners Flint" "Flint Carpet Cleaners" & some variations of those. Since I set up my site to only advertise w/in a certain area (like 30 miles) I don't think I'll show up on the paid section for "carpet cleaners flint" unless ya live w/in 30 miles of me.

My guess would be if ya typed in Genesee ya'd get something from New York as that's a better known Genesee than what's in Michigan. I did a search for Flint just a second ago & I was still on the front page, albeit over in the ads on the right. When I wrote that I was one of the ads on top.

Also along those lines we've got cities here that would probably get more searches for cities of the same name in other states. Like Fenton (also in Missouri) Flushing, etc. Grand Blanc is unique to Michigan.

I guess the main thing is Google hasn't charged me anything, so that would indicate no one's clicked on the site. I've got the site placed where I'd like for the most part considering how long I've been at it. I'd like to be higher in the natural selections but that takes some time. I've only been up for about a week. So being on the front page in any form is fine.

I was hoping to get Brian's results, but also realized that was more a pipe dream & probably wasn't going to happen. I did expect about 2-3 a week from it though. I thought that would be realistic. So far though it's been zilch.

Thanx for the responses,
Danny

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Got it Dan. I just searched the first words of your metatag, I see you as first for your keyword now. The reason you're not getting hits is because the keyword is not searched much. Since it appears that you're in adwords have you looked at the "keyword tool". This will help alot in determining what keywords are most searched. It also has suggestions and how competitive those keywords are.

Pm me if you need help.
Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom