Does your son or dad clean for a living?

Mikey P

Administrator
If so..

Is your son better than you?

and are you better than your dad?

My kid is certainly more patient, has a better memory and more careful than I.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My sons have all cleaned carpets, and each was better than me in some respects. My daughter cleans rather high-end houses and helps me on some upholstery projects. My youngest, Justin, I would put up against anybody to tackle a difficult project.

Easy there tackling can hurt!

Name
Matt Ross
I dont have to compete like you all. Dad died when I was 17 and no kids. I can authoritatively say I'm the best Male cleaner in my family. My wife is better at almost everything than me.

Reactions: Giorgio

Mikey P

Administrator
Kids...

rick imby

Name
Rick
I sold my bike shop to my son 12 years ago. In many ways he runs a higher profit shop. He charges way more than I did even adjusting for inflation. He is much better with Doctors and other high end snooty customers. I sold better to mid to high end users. He has sold a lot of very expensive bikes to users and non users--grin.
He has been able to attract and keep a couple of really good high end mechanics. He has not seen tough times yet. He just bought his second rental property---Yes I am quite proud of him . 31 years old.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
My oldest son works for me full time. He has an accounting degree but cant stand accounting. My third son is waning to come on full time in the spring. The second son is going to school to become a music teacher. He will probably want to work in the summers for me. We have a couple of restaurants that we do and all three boys will come help. We have both vans running and two of the boys are moving tables while me and the oldest clean.
I have had a couple of jobs lately that when the customer opened the door they asked where Andrew was. They seemed concerned that I wasn't going to do as good of a job.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
My son has had his own carpet cleaning business here in Centerville, Ohio since 2012.

Prior to that he was with me here at Perfection CC since he was 15 years old.

He uses BNI for his contacts.

Reactions: rick imby

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It's very easy to become arrogant and jaded in this industry.

My sons are 9 and 12. My 12 year old can hardly lift the CRB. So I can't really contribute to this thread. But I can derail it :)

Got a line on a helper today. Guy is in his mid 20's. Wants to start out at $15 an hour. My doughnut shop prospect didn't work out. He's too comfortable working with all the little Vietnamese women.

rick imby

Name
Rick
It's very easy to become arrogant and jaded in this industry.

My sons are 9 and 12. My 12 year old can hardly lift the CRB. So I can't really contribute to this thread. But I can derail it :)

Got a line on a helper today. Guy is in his mid 20's. Wants to start out at $15 an hour. My doughnut shop prospect didn't work out. He's too comfortable working with all the little Vietnamese women.

Get your son an Orek Orbiter....

Reactions: Nomad74

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My dad was a band director who went into cleaning. Me and my two brothers didn't know any better but you work to help the family survive as we also came from family farming backgrounds in the upper Midwest.

Carpet Cleaning was a way for my dad to maybe make more money and prosper.

I of course became a band director and then carpet cleaner. Life cycles as I too got burned out with my high powered band program I created.

Other two brothers were under cover cop and industrial technology engineer.

We have all cleaned and still do.

Parents 78 and 80.

We are now bringing our daughter on board (son in laws wife) My brothers are trying to figure out watching me what to do with their businesses.

I am starting to try and train them our kids now so they have a chance to be successful at this business... and that means they have to have these opportunities now to learn and be able to ask questions with us around yet.

Nothing in life is just a cruise in the park or easy, but we can try to help them and others while I am able.

I am going to be still cleaning but during the slower season I plan on taking more "me time" and also develop the Saiger's Sauce line so future generations can also benefit... but our main goal is to be able to teach our future generations what hard work is and we want them giving back and helping others!

My "me time" will include giving back locally and as much of an outreach as possible m

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom