dog infection

glenboy

Name
GLEN
cleaned a small 600 sqft berber on a rainy day when i walked in i told the custy 81 yrs old that i smell wet pet odor she told me her dog has eye and ear infection that explained the odor .so i pre treat and and let it dwell 10-15 mins and clean like mad when i was done it still smelled so i kindly added some deoderizer i could still smell it . 1 week later she called me cryin it smells horrible i told her the dogs infection leakage is all over the house so i went back and got down by the carpet and took a whiff and pow it smelled like it had never been cleaned even her couches smelled like doggie there was a ring around the couch 2 inches wide from fido she told me she cleaned the couch wit fels naptha and i should be usin it on her carpet i told her i would come back and re clean it i think i should use another product i would like to satisfy her she is 1 of many ref custy

lesterj2

there is NO FREAKING WAY that I would have bent down to my hands & knees and took a whif of that...
Especially with me knowing of the dogs infection everywhere...

I suggest new carpet...

Walt

glenboy said:
old me she cleaned the couch wit fels naptha and i should be usin it on her carpet

I wonder if the Fels-Naptha had anything to do with poor Fidos infection - I lifted this from Wikipedia -

"The following effects have been reported on one of the product's components. Stoddard solvent: Repeated or prolonged exposure to high concentrations has resulted in upper respiratory tract irritation, central and peripheral nervous system effects, and possibly hematopoetic, liver and kidney effects.

Stoddard solvent is another name for mineral spirits, which are, like petroleum distillates, a mixture of multiple chemicals made from petroleum. Exposure to Stoddard solvent in the air can affect your nervous system and cause dizziness, headaches, or a prolonged reaction time. It can also cause eye, skin, or throat irritation"

I wonder if the Berber was damp for a few days. If you rinsed like mad, it might have been left a little damper than you thought. The smell would be very similar to dog smell.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
glenboy said:
cleaned a small 600 sqft berber on a rainy day when i walked in i told the custy 81 yrs old that i smell wet pet odor she told me her dog has eye and ear infection that explained the odor .so i pre treat and and let it dwell 10-15 mins and clean like mad when i was done it still smelled so i kindly added some deoderizer i could still smell it . 1 week later she called me cryin it smells horrible i told her the dogs infection leakage is all over the house so i went back and got down by the carpet and took a whiff and pow it smelled like it had never been cleaned even her couches smelled like doggie there was a ring around the couch 2 inches wide from fido

My "guess" is, fido hasn't had a bath in years (if ever) , the carpet isn't vacced regularly, hasn't been cleaned professionally in a million years, you didn't vac the 6 pounds of dog dander in it before douching it with pre-spray and "cleaning like mad" and it was raining.

probably over wet or under dried by your efforts, and she's probably hit it/soaked it more with a bucket and scrub brush.

It's possible (likely) the carpet is urine contaminated as well

What to do?
go back and clean it right.
Start with a good vac and see how much crud you pull.
Go get a $46 dollar Bissel Powerforce and use that.
Use one of the sanitizer pre-sprays ( Mircoban makes one made to be used for carpet cleaning)
Then rinse well and speed dry

suggest that Edna not use a bucket and scrub brush either

g'luck

...L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom