Dollamur Gym Mats (flat ones)

Condog

Name
Tony
A gym owner wants me to clean his Dollamur martial arts mats.
Looking for recommendations.
Says he uses Spartan Tribase MP. Followed by neutralize wash with HDQ.

Should I stick to what he uses.
Anyone ever clean these kind of mats?
I have a Trinity MX pad driver & tile brush, Rotovac cfx w/360i, and a CRB.

Method and chemical recommendations are welcome.

I haven't actually been there, going Tuesday to take a look.

Thanks, Tony

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If you use the Trinity, I suggest using a microfiber pad. The fuzz on those tends to be grabby, like velcro to some pads.

Sound him out for why he uses what he does. Listen to his concerns and respond to those. For example, is an antibacterial important? Deodorizing? You have several options and can suggest a rotational program such as an initial HWE followed by two padcap trips or whatever.

i

Reactions: Condog

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This thread reminds me of a time I went to give an estimate on cleaning these martial arts floors. The teacher's class was full when I got there and that idiot did it as a reason to tell his students to clean their feet because the whole building stunk like sweaty feet. I was pissed because I drove over 30min to get there and he never had the intention to hire me. He just wanted to embarrass his students

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
He was a fool, Damon.
In the 90’s I used to swab the mats with disinfectant after taekwondo class. It only took ten minutes and I reasoned that my son and I would be less likely to get athlete’s foot.

One day the assistant asked me why I always did it. Apparently the Korean master had asked him, saying it made the “dojang” (Korean for “dojo”) smell too fresh. The assistant had asked if that was bad.
“Oh yes” he replied “In Korea, dojang smell AWFUL!”

• Haha
Reactions: Condog

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
This thread reminds me of a time I went to give an estimate on cleaning these martial arts floors. The teacher's class was full when I got there and that idiot did it as a reason to tell his students to clean their feet because the whole building stunk like sweaty feet. I was pissed because I drove over 30min to get there and he never had the intention to hire me. He just wanted to embarrass his students
that would make me angry.. but it didnt happen to me so its kinda funny

Condog

Name
Tony
If you use the Trinity, I suggest using a microfiber pad. The fuzz on those tends to be grabby, like velcro to some pads.

Sound him out for why he uses what he does. Listen to his concerns and respond to those. For example, is an antibacterial important? Deodorizing? You have several options and can suggest a rotational program such as an initial HWE followed by two padcap trips or whatever.

i
Awesome idea, I didn't think of a rotational program, thank you.

Condog

Name
Tony
He was a fool, Damon.
In the 90’s I used to swab the mats with disinfectant after taekwondo class. It only took ten minutes and I reasoned that my son and I would be less likely to get athlete’s foot.

One day the assistant asked me why I always did it. Apparently the Korean master had asked him, saying it made the “dojang” (Korean for “dojo”) smell too fresh. The assistant had asked if that was bad.
“Oh yes” he replied “In Korea, dojang smell AWFUL!”
That's why the stunted growth, it isn't genetic.

• Haha
Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom