Domel - The Conclusion

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I stoked up the old Recoil with the new 3 three stage Domels. HOLY CRAP!!! Suction that was AMAZING- Until POP! goes a breaker. Reset the breaker and the same thing. Too much draw. I ended up adding a third cord and pulling one of the motors. I'm getting pretty amazing suction on 2 of them, but when I had the 3rd motor in , the heat inside the area was too much for the pump motor , so that had to be replaced. I'm putting in a cooling fan to address this. I've put one in my power booster and it works VERY well on longer hose runs.

The final conclusion- Amazing vacuum, but they run very hot compared to the Lambs. I can't comment on longevity yet, but I definitely would use them as a replacement based on what I've seen so far.

Greenie

Thank you Willy, keep us updated.

Heat is a porty slayer, one reason why I don't like onboard heaters in the chassis, they all put off a ton of heat, and it cooks components, can't breathe. NOT cramming stuff close together is a good start for porty design, ventilation is key.

Did you say you already roasted a pump motor? that was quick.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Greenie said:
Thank you Willy, keep us updated.

Heat is a porty slayer, one reason why I don't like onboard heaters in the chassis, they all put off a ton of heat, and it cooks components, can't breathe. NOT cramming stuff close together is a good start for porty design, ventilation is key.

Did you say you already roasted a pump motor? that was quick.

Yeah, the booster vac motor was right over the pump motor and the heat was way too much for the Fasco to handle. If I really felt I was going to need the the third vac I would have relocated the pump outside of the compartment, but the 2 motors give me amazing suction. I put one in my power booster ( that was what got me started) and I'm very pleased with it. Hmmmmmm- There's room for 2 in the booster box......in series...... :wink: I gotta stick with cleaning and not playing mad scientist.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Willy;

I agree with Greenie that heat will shorten the lifetimes of vac motors.

I still think there are better values...
in hi-airwatt vac motors.

Larry

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I was playing today again..... I ran the 2 vacs in series - The water column was over 200, how far, I don't know as the testing unit I had only went to 180. You could definitely see a drop in the air movement but it was screaming. I placed the vac booster 20 feet down inline for a total of 60 feet of 1 1/2 vac hose and the water column dropped to 150 , but the air was moving pretty good. In that configuration I cleaned my buddy's showroom. It's about 200 sf, probably around a 32 ounce olefin. By the time I finished, I could kneel on where I started and not get any water transfer on my pants. The pressure was set at 300 and the water heated.

Now I don't know which way to leave them......And I want to test them with 2 inch hoses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom