Domel Vacuum Motors

E

ejeschke

Using Domel #4913720. 2 Stage, 5.7". Built very, very well and have strong CFM and Lift. I have a pair running in parallel putting out 256 CFM.

R

rotovacguy

I'm using the same motors as ejeschke...they are awesome. I pulled the stockers out of my Mytee, which had just one cord and 2 of the small 2 stage Lamb motors.

I put on a second cord to accommodate the extra draw, they each pull about 13.4 amps. It's a 2 stage motor with the tapered fan blades rated at 129" lift, 131 cfm, and 604 air watts.

I can't comment on the claim they will last from 800-1000 hours, but so far they've been great. And they were only $100 each, brand new.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I know there price is much lower, but they might not be 100% USA. And why allot of our respected Electric mach. builders do not utilize them.

...Even if they turned out to be better quality. (Not saying they are)

Edit: Company based in Republic of Slovenia

Greenie

Only issue I ever heard was lifespan.

I'm willing to bet quite a few machine builders have tried them if they were priced lower, which sounds like they are, there is usually a reason you don't see them in mass production in a very competitive portable extractor market.

btw: take a close look at the Vacuum performance charts, 131 cfm motor doesn't do much good if it drops to 50cfm under load, as a carpet wand is always under load, the charts tell us a lot about real world performance. Who knows it may be an awesome motor that defies logic, just sayin' check out the charts.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I stuck one in my booster today and I'm quite impressed. I put it under some load and it stood up really well. The metal horn was a nice touch instead of the plastic on the Lamb as well as being constructed of stainless. I;m going to put it to work tomorrow with a better idea of how well it works, but otherwise.. :D

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'm with Greenie.

I don't think they have the lifetime of a Lamb vac motor.

Lamb also has some new AirWatt designs that are more efficient.

Larry

Name
Bill Soukoreff
rotovacguy said:
I'm using the same motors as ejeschke...they are awesome. I pulled the stockers out of my Mytee, which had just one cord and 2 of the small 2 stage Lamb motors.

I put on a second cord to accommodate the extra draw, they each pull about 13.4 amps. It's a 2 stage motor with the tapered fan blades rated at 129" lift, 131 cfm, and 604 air watts.

I can't comment on the claim they will last from 800-1000 hours, but so far they've been great. And they were only $100 each, brand new.

Their seems to be two versions of these motors with the same numbers. The one that puts out 129" lift and 131 CFM is actually listed as 15.5 amps which would leave no room for a pump. The other one that is 13.4 amps has much lower specs at 108" lift and 112 CFM.

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Domel ... 02%20P.pdf
http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Domel ... 20%20P.pdf

Then there is a third option private labeled for lighthouse, the LH3720-120 which gives the higher specs with the 13.4 amps.

Which one has the right numbers?

Greenie

From what I can see this is what you are getting in a N. American market:

Maximum measured values:

Input power = 1506,56 Watts @ 115 (average Voltage) = 13.10 Amps
Air power (Air watts)= 517,37
Vacuum H2O lift= 108,11"
Air Flow = 109,21 CFM

I think I'd just go with Larry's advice.

Apparantly there is no magic bullet, you get the suck you pay for.

R

rotovacguy

Bill Soukoreff said:
rotovacguy said:

Their seems to be two versions of these motors with the same numbers. The one that puts out 129" lift and 131 CFM is actually listed as 15.5 amps which would leave no room for a pump. The other one that is 13.4 amps has much lower specs at 108" lift and 112 CFM.

http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Domel ... 02%20P.pdf
http://www.centralvacuummotor.com/Domel ... 20%20P.pdf

Then there is a third option private labeled for lighthouse, the LH3720-120 which gives the higher specs with the 13.4 amps.

Which one has the right numbers?

Yeah Bill, I have the bigger of the two.

As for the draw...can't say for sure, I will say they do suck a good amount of juice. Definitely put them on their own cord, and if you share one with a pump, make sure it's a small pump. Every so often I'll pop a breaker, usually in the ghetto homes with low power.

You can tell the difference right away between the two different 2 stage Domel's on the market. The bigger one, like I have, has the tapered fans. You can tell by looking at the bottom, there will be a taper to it. The standard one will be totally flat.
The input power of the standard version is about 1507 watts, that's the one Greenie's talking about. That one goes head to head against the Lamb 116472 with the flat bottom. I use the model 4913720, it's rated at an input of 1802 watts, and has the tapered fan blades.

I don't know why Domel's website doesn't have my motor on it, I know it's fairly new to them, maybe they just haven't updated the website for their american products yet.

As far as the Lighthouse version goes, that's basically just their own assembled copycat version of it.

Greenie

The GG M5 has 13amp tapered fans, but they are 3 stage 115cfm and way higher lift that what you posted, they are not Dommels. I like them for their high lift rating, holds up better on a load, and wet carpet is always a load.

R

rotovacguy

Greenie, are those a special Lamb motor you have in there?

Look, I like Lamb motors, I only went with the Domels because I'm on a very tight budget (who isn't!), they came with a 2 year warranty, have great numbers, and were only $100 each, shipping included. I'm not saying they are the end all of vacuum motors, just saying I haven't been able to find anything that can touch them at that price.

They are rated for a life expectancy of 800-1000 hours. Will they hold up? To early to tell. I can say that they have performed flawlessly.

BTW...Domel is the standard motor in Miele vacuums, I was under the impression those are one of the, if not the best vacuums on the market today.

Greenie

rotovacguy said:
Greenie, are those a special Lamb motor you have in there?

They are not Lambs.
And yes they cost more, I don't even have a retail price cause we've only put em' in the M5.

I'm not knocking your dommels, let us know how they workout for ya.

G

1000 hrs; When I first got my Recoil we worked the machine 24 /7 for 75 days straight. 1000hrs of operation would have been passed by the 41st day. I have heard a lotta good about those motors; would trust them as primaries if they couldn't hold up like the lamb's.

I am a big fan of powerful vacuum; but dependability for me is primary.

R

rotovacguy

I hear ya, Rickie.

They have a 30% longer life expectancy than a Lamb motor, at least that's how they advertise them. For a "brush" motor, you'll be hard pressed to do any better.

If you need something longer lasting, you should consider going to a "brushless" motor, they are supposed to last like 10 times longer. They are a bit more expensive, but if it's longevity you need, those would probably be your best bet.

Name
John LaBarbera
We have the M5, RL105 and the 1005 3 stage vac motors wound special for for us. It has tapered fans, 115 cfm and 148" water lift well over 600 air watts. I don't know of a more powerful 5.7 motor than this one and it is not an import. Mytee has always pushed the edge of the envelope in making high performance portable carpet cleaners. It's nice to have a vac motor company who's willing to do the same. I'm glad you guys are having success with the Domel unit. When we tried them they crashed and burned. It could be they improved them. If so, that's good.

R

rotovacguy

John LaBarbera said:
We have the M5, RL105 and the 1005 3 stage vac motors wound special for for us. It has tapered fans, 115 cfm and 148" water lift well over 600 air watts. I don't know of a more powerful 5.7 motor than this one and it is not an import. Mytee has always pushed the edge of the envelope in making high performance portable carpet cleaners. It's nice to have a vac motor company who's willing to do the same. I'm glad you guys are having success with the Domel unit. When we tried them they crashed and burned. It could be they improved them. If so, that's good.

Sounds like an excellent motor, John.

So far the Domel has been great, but if I were to switch over to the motors you and Greenie put in the M5, how would I order them? Straight from Mytee?

Greenie says they are not a Lamb motor.....if not them, and not Domel...then who makes it? What kind of warranty comes with it? How many hours are they rated for? How much does each motor cost?

Name
John LaBarbera
Hi Telly,

Any Dist. can get this motor from Mytee. C302A is the part #. Jeff at GG could get it out pretty quick for you if you need it. The motor is from the old General Signal plant.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom