dominate your market area with advertising?

G

How much would it cost ... to dominate your market area with advertising?
I live in an area of maybe 200,000 within 30 minutes of me.
I think I could spend $30,000 per month and not cover all the bases.

Do you spend that much on advertising (Ken) ?
If you could,would you?

How would you spend $30k per month?

I knew a guy in Atlanta that grossed 17 million per year doing residential re-roofs.Spent $100,000 per month(expensive market) advertising.Never stepped on a roof in his life. 6 salesmen running leads, 17 crews.
Very profitable.

(I already feel like a shill for Dave,I know he's gonna jump on this one)

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
When I was a GM for another company. We had a massive growth campaign that stretched over an 18 month period. We were spending about 120k a year in a market area of about 120,000 people. This campaign did not include our previous customer mailings, but included products like, radio, billboards, tv commercials etc. After that building stretch was over, there was no doubt in town who to call. Our business quadrupled in size over a 3 year period. We went from about 550,000 a year, to well over 2 million.

In the end, it was a good thing. But the corporations profit did not change all that much. In the end, our profit margin was less, but we employed more people and had a much larger base of customers to sustain our restoration and flooring business.

Scott

Don't lie now. I never helped you. Joe and Howard are the reason for your success.

Scott

G

Wow!
Did you know that for "just pennies a day..."

No seriously,I'm impressed. Guess I need to pick my game up just a bit.
Thanks for stating the figures.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I tried to stay away. But, I felt I was prompted to reply.

After talking to several satisfied users of my system this is what I found for their reasons for limited feed back on the board;

1.As part of the purchase agreement they can not reveal the detail of this system. (they don't want you guys the weasel the details out of them)

2. They don't want their competition to find out before they saturate their territory.

3.Even though the marketing system is simple to implement they don't have the plan implemented yet. (too busy)

4. With the limited rights some are buying the system to keep it away from their competition.

5. Most have just recently received the system and it takes time to grow and mature. (this is marketing for a lifetime)

I can't blame them I have been keeping this plan secret for over 2 years now until I recently decided to share it with a limited few.

RichardnTn

I do not spend any money on advertising other than a few business cards and a dozen or so shirts with name and logo. I pay the bills and have time for wife, grandchildren, etc. The most we have ever done was an 1/8 page ad in yellow pages at approximately $185 a month. Business comes from repeat customers and referrals ... Richard R

Back
Top Bottom