Don't advertise with Yelp

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
not saying you guys shouldn't do the free listing, just don"t get involved with the "sponsored advertising" with a "free" video.....I thought they would do the right thing and let me out of this disaster that got one phone call in a month, but nah, they want another precious $300...well now I will tell everyone to watch out and stay away...don't do it!!!

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
if it's working for u I really don"t know what to say...I would check on it every other day in the area I'm located and I wouldn't be listed...I feel it's a scam...the internet is becoming like the Yellow Pages...buncha bs when it comes to advertising

Mikey P

Administrator
yelp.jpg

thats a $400+ job average... shiteatinggrin

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Whether an ad works or not is NOT because of the media (YP, video, whatever) - but what the copy is and who it's going to.

You need the right message and offer going to the right list.

If your ad sucks - then you can show it to a zillion people - you won't sell squat.

That said... $10 a day for a video is not a lot... but if they can't get you any traffic see what they recommend. And get some of your clients to review you on Yelp - that will help you also (if they are good reviews that is...)

Lisa

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Yelp also depends on location. Yelp is strong on the left coast (ala Mikey) but not yet up to speed here in the Midwest.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
LisaWagnerCRS said:
Whether an ad works or not is NOT because of the media (YP, video, whatever) - but what the copy is and who it's going to.

You need the right message and offer going to the right list.

If your ad sucks - then you can show it to a zillion people - you won't sell squat.

That said... $10 a day for a video is not a lot... but if they can't get you any traffic see what they recommend. And get some of your clients to review you on Yelp - that will help you also (if they are good reviews that is...)

Lisa

Awwee...You HAVE been listing to me. I'm Flattered. :mrgreen:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Yelp is dead here.

Google Paces however can bring in a ton of work for FREE!

( If you work it right.)

Places is the new local yellowpages and the BBB combined.

D

dustyb

Bill,

I think it's just that Yelp is as popular here in Sacramento yet. I called several carpet cleaners in the Bay that loved Yelp, but it's big there. I was told by the sales guy that I would be one of the first carpet cleaners in my area. There's probably a reason for that. I decided to stick with the free listing until Yelp picks up a bit out here.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Mikey P said:
Must be a Silcon Valley thing because all the young urban hipsters here are using Yelp for everything now a days.
yeah...probably good for a major market like Bay Area...NY...LA...probably too small for Sacto

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
dustyb said:
Bill,

I think it's just that Yelp is as popular here in Sacramento yet. I called several carpet cleaners in the Bay that loved Yelp, but it's big there. I was told by the sales guy that I would be one of the first carpet cleaners in my area. There's probably a reason for that. I decided to stick with the free listing until Yelp picks up a bit out here.
yeah I agree...I'm just irritated that they wouldn't let me out and now they want one more months payment for something that got me 1 estimate in a month...ah well live and learn...btw good to see another Sacto guy here somewhat amus talk soon..Bill

lance

Brian, I really don't think that Lisa was listing to you. And I really doubt that she listens to you.

One thing is for sure......she can spell and write better than you. :lol: :roll: :lol:

Have a great day.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just a joke sparky. :roll:

Yelp does ok with sending me a job or 10 here and there...but I am hesitant to pay for their services.

Kudzu was doing the same thing for me and I decided to giver a go and lost big time on it.

Same deal, 1st place listing, vid (didn't do it) clicks and all that....$500.00/month for 3 months.

It seemed like the calls stopped BECAUSE I started paying...really weird.

So I'm a little skeered now. lol

I'll stick with freebies and big names for now.

Mikey P

Administrator
I just yelped sac cc and you are nowhere to bee seen.

no offense, but the head shot on your web page MAY bee scaring off some women, you look , how do I say this.... "confrontational"...

Mikey P

Administrator
Only thing I think could have been better is more time spent on extracting water out of carpet

and that right there is the one and only negative needed to make them look elsewhere.

sorry to say it but you have loads of competition on Yelp, all with just a few reviews like you.

either take the penalty and bail out of some how get about ten more positive reviews asap.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Mikey P said:
I just yelped sac cc and you are nowhere to bee seen.

no offense, but the head shot on your web page MAY bee scaring off some women, you look , how do I say this.... "confrontational"...
confrontational? great...I didn't put that there btw...lol...my web guy took it upon himself to do that...I've never wanted pictures of myself on the website...think a change is in order unless yer f*&king with me

figures i"m nowhere to be seen...must be why I never got the calls I was promised

Mikey P

Administrator
i had to enter your company name to find you.
nothing under ccing sacremento..

btw my wife thinks you look fine, me I think you look like the kinda guy who would flip me off on HWY 17 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name
steve snail
must be a Midwest thang...people still talk to each other and ask their advice and opinion. Works like a charm...if yer good. And yeah...it's free.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom