Don't ask me why but Dev filters work better this way

Mikey P

Administrator
1682635563843.png

as opposed to wrapping the paint filter around the bird net ring....

All the crud goes further back/down the bag..

Reactions: SamIam

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
The paint filter can rip if not supported
Very small percentage of the time. You can guarantee it going to rip if you don’t vacuum or use the same paint filter on multiple jobs. Don’t be a hack or a cheap ass and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

Mikey P

Administrator
Very small percentage of the time. You can guarantee it going to rip if you don’t vacuum or use the same paint filter on multiple jobs. Don’t be a hack or a cheap ass and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

But is there a noticeable improvement in vacuum minus the bag or screen?

Did you perform a controlled test in your living room or is you speculatin?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Why use an inline filter?

No matter how good the filter is, it still negatively impacts airflow.

I just let the little bit of debris left after I CRB and vacuum go right into the waste tank. It all comes out just fine when I dump it. I clean it once every couple weeks.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Why use an inline filter?

No matter how good the filter is, it still negatively impacts airflow.

I just let the little bit of debris left after I CRB and vacuum go right into the waste tank. It all comes out just fine when I dump it. I clean it once every couple weeks.
Mainly because I do not waste my life away running a CRB

Mikey P

Administrator
So, all that gunk comes out of my waste tank, whether I CRB or not.
We didn't use one when we had the Aerotek and vortex because of the round convex bottom as you said everything would truly flush out but with the square tank of the 370 being right behind my head where I got to smell all that bacteria I'd rather filter it out but I can get away with it here in the petrified Forest

Reactions: Trip Moses

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
We didn't use one when we had the Aerotek and vortex because of the round convex bottom as you said everything would truly flush out but with the square tank of the 370 being right behind my head where I got to smell all that bacteria I'd rather filter it out but I can get away with it here in the petrified Forest
I get that, but on smaller machines, we don’t have airflow to waste. The moment that filter starts collecting debris, you lose it.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

sassyotto

Name
Paul
interesting! But I guess it depends on why you bought the Devastator in the first place.

If you bought it as being a filter, you will loose some of that capability by removing the mesh basket.

If you bought it as being a Y to increase air flow, then by all means remove the mesh basket and get even more air flow.

I prefer less gunk in my waste tank so I will run it as is. Drying times with the Titan is good

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom