Doorway repair

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I tried to pull this together with a mini stretcher but couldn't get it close enough to make look good. So I zapped in a new peice with the Kool Glide.
291065618_987972378_0.jpg

291065807_987973057_0.jpg

firstrepair003.jpg

Thanks for all the advice on this repair from you guys. I will keep doing these and get better at it.

Stevea

Charles,

Wonderful example, you will just get better and more confident as you practice and apply what you learn. Thanks for sharing with all of us, I am sure these examples will help and encourage others to put this type of work to use in their own businesses.

Keep sharing your photos.

SA

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Hey Charles,

thanks for sharing and congrats on the repair.

Can you take a bit of constructive critisism?

Go to a cheap hardware store, grab a cheap and nasty hair clipper unit. $5? $10? whatever... Now carefully trim that excess fuss off the top of the surrounding area and it'll almost disappear completely for you.

Either way, great start and awesome 'thinking on the job' and exploring options.

John

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
It is hard to see in the picture, but there is a lot of fuzz around the repair. I will put the clippers on my list of stuff to get. I am having a hard time separating rows. Is there a trick to it? I tried to use my awl. I plan on getting a row finder, will it make it that much easier?

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Maybe Charles that could have been a cross seam . Sometimes most all the time they dont follow a row straight. Nice repair work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom