Drapery cleaning...

I am looking at getting a Drapery cleaning machine called "The Ultimate" be US Products. I hope to use it on drapes in a complex I clean. Does anybody have any experience with this type of machine? If so, How do you like it and will it produce acceptable results? They currently have a local Dry cleaner clean all the drapes off site but would be exited if I could clean them at the same time as we do carpets.

Thanks,
Kevin

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
It's a very well built machine, but is fairly small. Larger capacity machines of similar quality are available from Kleenrite Equipment. We have both brands and both are solid machines.

Have you cleaned draperies before, or is the COIT still in you?

GRHeacock

There is plenty to know about cleaning draperies, I suggest you take a course or two before learning on the customer's drapes.

As for the US Products machine- it is a dandy, and will do the trick- for someone who knows what they are doing.

In addition- there is the additional fee you can get for replacing cords, lubricating the tracks, correcting improperly pinned heads, adjusting master carriers when misaligned, cleaning shades or sheers, cleaning valances and other toppings, all which can be very lucrative.

A fancy topping with several swags and jabots can run twice the fee of the drapes alone.

(I did this for over 20 years.)

As for the company that cleans off site, with your machine, you can subcontract to clean the headings on site, so they do not have to deal with taking them down, taking apart, cleaning, re assembling them and re installing them.

Gary

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom