Russ Terhaar
Lookie what FedEx just dropped off!
dyqedavu.jpg

9asebate.jpg

egehedu4.jpg

yte9yguj.jpg

ubusa5u5.jpg

avejutej.jpg

I can't say about how it cleans yet. I have a sofa/loveseat scheduled for Friday afternoon and will update then. Most importantly, the metal lips are gone! It looks to be easily serviceable with a small Allen wrench (4 screws on the head). I would say it is a true update rather than a redesign. I always liked how the flow was controlled from the handle. The plastic head seems more heavy duty than the DM 2.
Pretty good surprise for an early February morning!

The Clean Machine

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Looks interesting Russ.

Beside first job impressions, I'd also be interested to know about long term performance. Good and bad.

How is it holding up?
Does it get clogged?
Any issues.
Advantages, disadvantages, etc.

To get perspective: How many sofas you do per month? (more or less.)

Reactions: Russ T.
Name
Bill Soukoreff
Still a $540 piece of PLASTIC.

My HydroKinetic looks really bad after all the paint came off the aluminium head. My Sapphire tool still looks new. I am starting to like this nylon extrusion stuff. Wish SS would come up with a better flow control valve and that keeps it's position. Any ideas anyone?

Last edited:
Reactions: dealtimeman

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I have been dragging bolts of upholstery fabric around the floor. We will have plenty of fabric on which to try this tool and others. If you are at Mikefest, you will have a chance to take one home at no cost. Thanks to Hydramaster and Doyle Bloss for that.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
uzazuduj.jpg

Well, the tool was familiar. I was right to say it is a true redesign of the DM 2. I cleaned a lightly soiled, off white micro fiber sofa and loveseat today. I cleaned it well (I clean everything well ;-)). The tool is well built and has an even cleaning path. There are no metal "lips" to catch the fabric and quickly need a rebuild.

There might be a little problem though. I want to be very careful not to trash the tool. The guys at HydraMaster have gone a long way in sending me this tool, without cost to me. I owned, and at times wrestled with, the DM 2. Because the lips were finicky, I adjusted the way I would clean with it. I had to learn to pick the tool up, off the fabric, when I got done with a cleaning stroke. With this particular sofa/love seat I had to do the same with the new DM 3 but not because of the metal lips.

The picture I attached shows the pretty wide slot where a lot of fabric gets caught up. Be VERY careful if you dare push the tool away from you. The monster suction I achieve with my Cleanco caused it to pull too much fabric into the "mouth", or mouf around here, and make it almost destructive to push away from me.

Like I said, I've grown used to cleaning this way (being trained by the DM 2). It wasn't a huge deal to me because I learned to clean on the back stroke only with the DM 2. The DM 3 cleaned evenly, and well, after I figured out that I would still have to be very careful on my push stroke. In this case there couldn't be a push stroke and the fabric wasn't particularly loose.

I'm very thankful for my new tool, just wanted to give my first impressions. $540 is no joke to a lot of owner/ops. The guys at HM have been great at supporting their product.

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
This just happened!

aqapyzyq.jpg

aqe9y9a5.jpg

DM3 cleans! Hot, even flow made quick work of this sturdy fabric.

The Clean Machine

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Again, will they take a trade in on their other junk. I've had versions 1 and 2. Still have 2 but one lip is gone.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Again, will they take a trade in on their other junk. I've had versions 1 and 2. Still have 2 but one lip is gone.

I'd start by asking your supplier. Have you replaced the DM head to the newer one?

The Clean Machine

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey on your thread above, you talked about the pushing aspect of it being "slightly" off...

isnt that the advantage of these tools, is the ability (or should be) of going back and forth, without having to lift the head???

ha with that in mind (and its ALL my fault:icon_redface:) i didnt realize the SS tool wasnt a "rolling water" type cleaning like the HM.... only used it a few times, i just have to remember to "unlock" it if i lock it for bigger areas...

LOVED that part of the HM

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
hey on your thread above, you talked about the pushing aspect of it being "slightly" off...

isnt that the advantage of these tools, is the ability (or should be) of going back and forth, without having to lift the head???

ha with that in mind (and its ALL my fault:icon_redface:) i didnt realize the SS tool wasnt a "rolling water" type cleaning like the HM.... only used it a few times, i just have to remember to "unlock" it if i lock it for bigger areas...

LOVED that part of the HM

Yes, you DO have to be careful on the push stroke (on looser fabric). The suck port in front is a bit too wide IMO. Other than that, it really cleans great. Very even "water bar" that flushes the fabric. Water stays very hot at the tool. I worked wonders on a FILTHY microfiber loveseat yesterday.
I've never tried the SS or the RotoVac (SS clone) but am looking forward to it this weekend. I really like the idea of cleaning on the push and pull strokes.

The Clean Machine

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i have found micro fiber to be CAKE in cleaning.....the key is to make sure it ALL gets wet.....then you dont have the "water marks"

spray some cobbs, brush it in and rinse

Reactions: Russ T.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom