Drimaster or Hydrokinetic which one works best?

B

Bobby Hales

I am thinking about getting one of them each one has its pros & cons I like the fact the DM has no trigger to wear out your wrist but I saw a demo of the HK and it seemed to do a better job. Can I get some feed back from users of both.
Thanks
Bobby

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'll be watching the posts as well. I have a DM but I'm thinking of getting the HK, it seemed to be more effective. I've gotten good use out of the DM, and it has paid for itself but the body of it is cracking after 4 years usage.
I saw the HK at Connections, impressive.

G

Along with what's mentioned above I also don't like the fact that every time the DM tool water flow knob drags or rubs on the ground it changes the water flow. There must be a better way or place for this knob. It is ridiculous.

I fought with and used the DM for 4 years and finally bought a simple uph. tool with enclosed jet and hide a hose. works great as long as you know how to clean.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Like Greenie, I think the CFR Upholstery Tool is the best cleaning tool on the market.

It has to be custom made now for TM usage:
cfru.jpg

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

Attachments

• cfru.jpg
    cfru.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 182

Greenie

I should snap a pic of my oldie.

I also had to bastardize the valve, the stock one sucks.

charlie brown

Tools

The Drimaster is an OK tool. Pro: no trigger, leaves fabric a little drier. Cons: It uses a lot of water ( if you are a waste tank user it really uses up your capacity), I don't think it cleans heavily soiled fabric as quickly or as well. as other tools.
I use and like the PMF internal jet tool and like it a lot. Use it all the time. Pro: Cleans piping really well. Put the piping in the vac slot and slide tool left and or right, the dirtiest piping can look new. Cons: It has a trigger (but most do).
If I were looking for another tool I would check out the CFR tool and see how it compared to the PMF tool. CB

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
C F R TOOL

I bought 2 of them this year from Jon Don in Atlanta with the hide a hose feature and everything. They were around 300.00 each and a truly AWSOME tool! I've been using the same type tool since 95 and have found nothing better for cleaning or dry times.
These are the truckmount tools, with swivels everywhere and the same accordion style hide a hose as my first one in 95... the trigger mechanism is much better on these than my original.
Yes you can change jets via the quick connect, and you can change heads as well although I do not have the other heads for it (the heads can be ordered from CFR).
40c0ryq.jpg

Attachments

• 40c0ryq.jpg
    40c0ryq.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 170

Greenie

Here is the old chisel tipped clunker:
Simply awesone cleaning and drying for not having a glide.

DSC01898.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

DSC01902.jpg

DSC01903.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01898.jpg
    DSC01898.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC01901.jpg
    DSC01901.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC01900.jpg
    DSC01900.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC01901.jpg
    DSC01901.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01899.jpg
    DSC01899.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC01902.jpg
    DSC01902.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC01903.jpg
    DSC01903.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC01901.jpg
    DSC01901.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 170

AdamB

I've used both and I prefer the DM. It seams to clean corners and hard to reach areas easier than the HK. Both use alot of water though.

AB

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I recently received the brand new design Hydrokinetic upholstery tool from Steam Way. I used it yesterday and it performed beautifully.

It is still easy to use, has a larger cleaning surface, a snap on face plate to easily get to the jet, the face plate is not metal so you won't mar wood or metal trim of furniture, a wider vac chamber that allows upholstery to fit into it more easily, continues to have the quick drying gentile holed vacuum technology and sharp shearing angle along with a number 3 fan jet at 400 psi, easily cleans in both directions, and it has a new valve that works (the old ones used to be fine until the manufacturer changed something which made them fail prematurely). The color is black, so it won't show the scuffs or soil like the white did.

The upholstery tool that changed the industry over twenty years ago, and has since been the standard whereby all other tools are judged, just got even better. I can't imagine not having one.

Steam Way is donating a brand new Hydrokinetic tool to be raffled at Mikefest. Someone is going to go home with it and be one happy camper!

Loren Egland

FastEddie

I feel the DM cleans edges, corners, and odd contours of upholstery like no other tool.

T

The Magician

I wonder what Harris Res. will think of the glide with holes on the bottom of the SW tool?

Scott

Jimmy N.

The damndable thing about it is that the Hydrokinetic tool had holes far before HRI even used HWE.

I can't quote the source but I have it on good authority that SW was issued a cease and desist letter after HRI attained their patent. SW's lawyers issued a "bug off unless you want to look reaaaaaally stupid" letter to HRI and HRI backed down.

As Lisa has said before, the issue is not necessarily about the holes; it is, rather, about a simlilarly vague tecnhical definition.

Scott

T

The Magician

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I would like to make this all disapear.

The Magician

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom