Dry pro water vac or waterclaw?

Greenie

I've been hearing about the Canook Omega for a couple years now, be good to see it finally hit the US market.

I don't think mch of the DryPro....so I'm interested to hear what Mike has to say. It woudl do good to put it in the hands of a regular RESTORATION company like Chavez or 4 Star out here in the Bay area.

Greenie said:
I've been hearing about the Canook Omega for a couple years now, be good to see it finally hit the US market.

I don't think mch of the DryPro....so I'm interested to hear what Mike has to say. It woudl do good to put it in the hands of a regular RESTORATION company like Chavez or 4 Star out here in the Bay area.

It's Junk. Let's move on now.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I used a dry pro for the first time on Monday and must say it surprised me.

As to the guy who said it doesn't lock or seal as well as the water claw, he is correct. But I didnt not see a marginal difference in extrAction as he did.

For the side by side comparisons I did, you would need to do volume testing in similair conditions to actually see or measure a difference in extraction.

As for it becoming attached or hard to get off the carpet I was wrong, it was very easily moved removed from carpet. I would say ease of operation of dry pro was great.

Also as far as the side by side test that was mentioned above every wd guy knows There is going to be water migration through both the carpet and pad.

So if you were to extract a spot in the middle of a soaked carpet with a dry pro then a
minute later come back over it with a water claw you will get water being extrAted through the claw that migrated from an area of higher concentration to a lower concentration and because it is soaked it migrates quickly. I say this because we did the side by sides in a flood house and used the dry pro first then the water claw and saw it still extracting and then used the water claw first followed by the dry pro with same result.

Sorry to make this a long post but I must say you will have to do preciscion testing to actually measure performance variance between both units.

I am not stating that the dry pro is better than the water claw. I am saying that for the price point why would you not use something that is money back gaurenteed through JonDon.

Greenie

I'm just curious, if you use it for 45 days and it cracks or breaks in some fashion, is that in the Guarantee?
Or is it just guaranteed to suck water effectively for the average joe?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I will ask today and let you know. The construction of unit in my opinion is not in question but as I have only used it for a couple of hours not weeks.

dealtimeman said:
I used a dry pro for the first time on Monday and must say it surprised me.

As to the guy who said it doesn't lock or seal as well as the water claw, he is correct. Thank you. :)

As for it becoming attached or hard to get off the carpet I was wrong, it was very easily moved removed from carpet. Because it don't seal as good as the water claw. :)

I bought a water claw today $500. I only buy stuff that I know works.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
It is not the same design as the Water claw so it doesn't need to lock down tight to achive good results.

And for five hundred dollars I would of put one on both of my trucks.

Again I am just stating my findings and my opinion based on performance and price point.

dealtimeman said:
It is not the same design as the Water claw so it doesn't need to lock down tight to achive good results.

Have you noticed when you have a good seal the water claw it will actualy dent down into the carpet with out weight on it? That compression and sealing allows more water lift. Compressing the carpet and pad and removing more water.

Just my two cents.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I completely understand what you are talking about I am just saying the dry pro worked well without the clamping down on the carpet that the claw does.

The design of the claw is that of like multiple- slight negative multisided concave pits with a hole in the middle. The dry pro is different as its design more like multiple marble sized pits or caves with a hole in the middle and at all four corners of the opennings having this raised square shapped nipple supporting/using the weight of the operator to compress the pad instead of using the vacuum to compress or latchon to the carpet.

That is my take on it I might be wrong to as why or how works.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Guys there is one thing you may be missing. We sell both. Choose whichever one you think is better. The guarantee is 2 years no questions asked. This is not going to turn into a *** Joe whats hisname guarantee issue.

Jon Don will stand behind anything we sell.

billyeadon said:
Guys there is one thing you may be missing. We sell both. Choose whichever one you think is better. The guarantee is 2 years no questions asked. This is not going to turn into a *** Joe whats hisname guarantee issue.

Jon Don will stand behind anything we sell.

3 years on the Claw. :)

Greenie

So....is that guarantee unconditional?

Cause if it is, it's gonan hurt Claw sales in a big way with the buy 2 for the price of 1 claw angle.

I do hate innaccuracies in marketing material.

Is it 12 x 16 or 12x18?

Website says: Pad size 16 X 12 inches, but the ad below says different.

FCC said:
i was wrong

DPWV_L-1.jpg

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Yes it is unconditional.

It is 12 x 16. Not sure where the 12 x 18 came from. You can look at a video of the DryVac and Matrix Miracle on you tube.
6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJU4F4-4WE6]

Greenie said:
So....is that guarantee unconditional?

Cause if it is, it's gonan hurt Claw sales in a big way with the buy 2 for the price of 1 claw angle.

I do hate innaccuracies in marketing material.

Is it 12 x 16 or 12x18?

Website says: Pad size 16 X 12 inches, but the ad below says different.

FCC said:
i was wrong

DPWV_L-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom