Dry room almost done.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I still need to put up another wall and seal the seams but you guys get the idea. For the ease of work flow I woukd like to have the pit where the dry room is but because of the building pillars the best place for my pit was in the middle and the dry room on the right. I’ll be hanging some Studebaker and stealth fans and using my Dehu.
This should work for now until I become rich.

F0765E46-E649-42A2-9035-DCEDCF55F131.jpeg01AF82AE-F1C4-4DE0-95FD-6863019F8559.jpegB6D60CA6-BDEE-4A35-8A38-4B1B37F52A83.jpeg

Last edited:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I still beed to put up another wall and seal the seams but you guys get the idea. For the ease of work flow Inwoukd likento have the pit where the dry toom is but because of the building pillars the best place for my put was in the middle and the dry room on the right. I’ll be hanging some studenaker fans and using my Dehu.

View attachment 95795View attachment 95796View attachment 95797
your racks are backwards

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Got up the other section. I’m hungry now so heading home to do family Christmas stuff. I’ll do more later. Going to make a curtain system until I can install another rollup door. Also some hanging fans.

6FD5D588-1C5B-4568-9427-ED1B1E04E041.jpeg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
your racks are backwards
The thinking is, the rugs go into the pit, get washed, then head to the centrifuge (Will be on the left of the pit eventually, then to the right side into the dry room. The racks are placed that direction for a reason. I'll later be making a winch system. It's not a perfect flow like @T Monahan's setup, but with my available space it'll be fine.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The thinking is, the rugs go into the pit, get washed, then head to the centrifuge (Will be on the left of the pit eventually, then to the right side into the dry room. The racks are placed that direction for a reason. I'll later be making a winch system. It's not a perfect flow like @T Monahan's setup, but with my available space it'll be fine.
That should work. You can buy premade block and tackles that will be easy to install

IMG_20191224_125911.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74

roro

Name
Ross Craig
That's a real nice tidy set-up Damon
Used block & tackle when we first started. Soon changed to
1577222472356.png

Much easier on the body with a 1/4 ton wet rug.
Set up uses the poles suspended between two sets of pallet racking which also allows positioning of blowers to suit
roro

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Thanks,

That black thing on the floor in front of my dehu is an electric winch. Planning on setting it up somehow.

1577223495777.png

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I still need to put up another wall and seal the seams but you guys get the idea. For the ease of work flow I woukd like to have the pit where the dry room is but because of the building pillars the best place for my pit was in the middle and the dry room on the right. I’ll be hanging some Studebaker and stealth fans and using my Dehu.

View attachment 95795View attachment 95796View attachment 95797
Nice. Doesn’t even look like the same crap hole.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'm sure you've thought of this, but just in case... Make sure you vent your dry room. Heat in, heat and humidity out.

In your area, when the weather is nice, you might be able to rely on air movement alone, as long as the wet air has somewhere to go.

Mikey P

Administrator

I heard you can make a centrifuge out of PVC and some rainbird fittings

• Haha

Ron K

Agree with Brian. Summer is never a problem for drying. have a place outside you dry flat and also utilize the rolling drying rack, even carpet pad on the driveway works two squirrel fans can dry a lot, any air movement, we have three airpaths plus. Also a fan creating a little negative air pressure in the room will
help.set up a thermostat and humidistat tweek with those two and you'll have an inexpensive efficient drying room. Also a killer stereo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom