Dry Treat vs. other sealers

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Mikey, I have a hypothetical question for you.

Lets say you just cleaned your best friends stone floor & now its time to seal, since you are a nice guy you will provide the sealer at cost, would you advise your friend to buy Dry Treat or use another quality solvent sealer (Cobbs, TOG Clear Guard SB etc...) at a fraction of the cost?

I realize Dry Treats warranty as a sales pitch, but if your not going to profit from it in this situation would you have your friend spend his extra hard earned money on it?

Just curious.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Whats better?

Trusting Dry Treat to provide protection for 15 years or reapplying a good sealer every 5-7 years?

My clientele can afford Dry Treat but I need to convince myself its that much better.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I still have first 3 quarts bought in my truck.

I wanted to become "certified applicator" and was told it would cost $300. That about sent me over the top after buying the 3 quarts for just under $300.

I don't think I can people to bite at what I would have to charge. I just did my first color seal job the other day. I am going to play with that for a while.

Good question though.

Tile Nerd

I believe that Dry Treat would compare to TOG's "Outdoor SB" because both provide protection against water based stains. TOG's "Clear Guard SB" protect against water & oil based stains. You get ridiculous long lasting water beading with both Dry Treat & Outdoor SB, but I would not recommend either for inside someones house. The best sealers for the indoors provides both water & oil based protection.

Back
Top Bottom