DRYER VENT CLEANING VIDEO

breathe72

Not exactly carpet cleaning, but for you air duct guys...

We charge $50 and up for this service.

Or free with the combo air-duct / carpet cleaning special.

Nothing like doing this & catching a breeze that blows the lint of granny's bloomers right in your face.

Click on pic for video.
th_bella033.jpg

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
I do dryer vents also. Can't believe how simple it is and how well it has caught on. There is a bag made to clip on the vent to catch the lint that I use as well.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Y don't you just have the vac setup right near the exit of the vent to collect it all. Seems like a waste of time to let it hit the ground.

breathe72

We wanted to let it blow all over her back yard, Kevin. :shock:

(didnt use the vac on this video, so we could SEE the results)

Took all of 30 seconds to sweep up.

charles

What brand of equipment are you using?

Is that all there is to it?

Do you have to do anything at the dryer side?

breathe72

Charles, heres one place we go thru to purchase our supplies:

http://www.nikro.com/products/moreinfo.asp?i=258

Abatement technologies is another really good source.

We are using an air compressor that is powering the tool you see in the video. Basically they are 6ft sections of 1/4" pvc tubing, with quick connects on each end. You can hook up as many as you need to reach the back of the dryer / beginning of the run. there is a small attatchment that actually blows the air backward, allowing you to pull it out as you go.

The part you didnt see is where we actually slid the dryer back, disconnected the vent & cleaned the immediate area around it as well.

Kind of a pain to re-connect everything again, but has to be done of course.

M

Mark Imbesi

You even wear your booties outside?

All kidding aside, is the dryer running during this process to help blow out the lint?

breathe72

Yes, just like any other service, you have to charge according to how much work is involved in actually cleaning a dryer vent.

If it ports out say, 8 inches from the dryer to the outside, we usually will discount it quite a bit. not much involved in that.

Bob, all the lint looks that color no matter how many of these we clean. you are looking at years of build-up in a dryer vent, versus maybe a lint-trap with colorful lint from a recent load of laundry.

DavidB

Now that you have the cleaning portion of the video you should make a how to video and school some of us here who do not know it all...

Greenie

Looks to me like the compressor line has a "sewer jet" reverse nozzle on it, just feed it in and it blows it back towards you.
I assume you do some manual brushing as well at times?
We need to do ours at the house, it's like 19' feet of ducting cause it runs the length of the garage!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom