Dual-wanding with a 25/47

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Is it possible to make a 25 hp. liquid-cooled Kohler / Roots 47 an effective dual-wand machine? (PowerClean Freedom XT47) I think this machine is ideal for a single operator, but would be weak, in its current stock form, for dual-wanding. What, if any, mods would accomplish this? Could this be achieved with a Kunkle, 2.5-inch hose, heater, vac booster, etc.? This machine is like new. Don't want to buy another.

When I have a helper, he is idle much of the time while I'm RXing. Would be much more effective if we could both be extracting.

Ken Snow: Do you dual-wand with your Butlers? (My machine's performance is probably comparable to a Butler's.) If not, what does the second man do?

Thanks!

John

Rex Tyus

John I am sure some will tell you you can do it. I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think a kunkle will help because when dual wanding air flow is more of an issue than lift. I would concentrate on technique with your tech. I rarely dual in a residential setting yet we can do almost twice as much now with two as me by myself. My tech's goal is for my wand to never stop moving.

Greenie

1st thing that comes to mind is net airflow, that 47 would have to be screaming to dual with, and I believe PowerClean has it under driven due to the 25hp powerplant, ie: the motor is spinning faster than the blower for torque curve.
Also you would want to have the motor running flat out, but check your pump rpms before you increase the rpms.

No matter what, you would want to consider some larger vacuum hose to minimize the vacuum loss on both runs.

It would be a "so so" experience, not something you boasted about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom