duct cleaning attachments

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I know some of you clean ducts out there. I am in need of a couple items to service the dryer duct work at a laundry I own.
All I need is a 8 inch flexible brush and a 20 foot cable to hook on a drill and run it down the pipes.
Any idea on where I could purchase these? I've been searching around but could not find much.
They don't need to be top quality professional stuff as we only clean 10 pipes once a year.

randy

Name
Randy
http://www.rovacsystems.com

You probably don't need the vacuum but the locking brush system is wonderful. For around $400 you can get a nice set of rods. Another option would be a reverse air ball with about 30-50' of air house. An air compressor that holds 4-5 gallons, PSI 150-200, and about 2 horse is really the MINIMUM. Dewalt makes a nice electric one for around $360. Electric is the best option so you have the option of cleaning from inside. The weight of the unit is a factor if your dryers vent on the roof. If you do want a vacuum Nikro make a nice one as well. In fact they have a kit with rods and everything for $1,000. Rovac rods will last longer (if you go with their thick rods, which I use exclusively) . Rovac can also sell you a extra long vac line that would allow you to leave the vacuum on the ground and take only the hose to the roof. If the dryers vent straight out the back of the shop air washing the vent will do a great job. If they vent to the roof a vacuum will be necessary. Then that case air wash followed by vacuuming will be a better option. Search dryer vent cleaning on ytube for a few on the job videos. Email me if you need anything. I have been cleaning dryer vents for 8 years. Best of luck

A truckmount with a excellent in line filter can also provide the vacuum source.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
randy said:
http://www.rovacsystems.com

You probably don't need the vacuum but the locking brush system is wonderful. For around $400 you can get a nice set of rods. Another option would be a reverse air ball with about 30-50' of air house. An air compressor that holds 4-5 gallons, PSI 150-200, and about 2 horse is really the MINIMUM. Dewalt makes a nice electric one for around $360. Electric is the best option so you have the option of cleaning from inside. The weight of the unit is a factor if your dryers vent on the roof. If you do want a vacuum Nikro make a nice one as well. In fact they have a kit with rods and everything for $1,000. Rovac rods will last longer (if you go with their thick rods, which I use exclusively) . Rovac can also sell you a extra long vac line that would allow you to leave the vacuum on the ground and take only the hose to the roof. If the dryers vent straight out the back of the shop air washing the vent will do a great job. If they vent to the roof a vacuum will be necessary. Then that case air wash followed by vacuuming will be a better option. Search dryer vent cleaning on ytube for a few on the job videos. Email me if you need anything. I have been cleaning dryer vents for 8 years. Best of luck

A truckmount with a excellent in line filter can also provide the vacuum source.

All I need is a 8 inch brush with a 20 foot drill operated cable.
I don't want a rod system I have to push down and pull back.
All my 8 inch vents go straight out the back wall with some having a 45 degree bend. Longest run is probably 10 feet
I also do not need a vacuum system. I just turn the dryer on while cleaning.

randy

Name
Randy
If you are not going to offer the service to your customer base I would suggest buying 7 rods (3' each ) the brush. With the rods you use the drill attachment to power it. I started cleaning dryer vents with the cable type brush system and they break constantly and are very costly. They also get stuck in turns. If you have an air compressor, a airline & forward/ reverse ball would be the cheapest rout to go ($90 @ Aircare for example). If not using the vacuum to remove the debris will work short vents if you clean them often. Once a year will probably not be sufficient if the place is very busy. We do laundries , hotels and beauty salons every three months. There are cheapo rod systems available on the net & Lowes for $40 but it will not last very well.

Regardless of the option you select ( rods, air compressor or cable driven system) all involve pushing and pulling back and forth. None will clean a dryer vent with one pass down the vent.

randy

Name
Randy
KevinD said:
rhino1 said:
http://shop.dryerbox.com/s.nl/it.A/id.43/.f

I need a brush and cable that will rotary clean a 8" duct.
All I saw was a 10 footer for 4 " duct

The lint eater package is the cheapo set I was referring to. The rods snap together so getting 20' will just require a few extra rods. Google lint eater dryer vent cleaning. Just don't count on it lasting long as they are poorly made.

G

Bed & Beyond has a dryer vent cleaning kit for $20 bucks, I sale these to my customer for $50
so I make $30 and they work great!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom