duct cleaning who does it

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
and is it a worth while service too add on.
i have been lookin at some used pieces for a neg air setup
there are some deals from time to time.
Give me some feedback on this service
was it a good move
or is it a big time hassle and should i stear clear of this
thanks randy

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Duct cleaning is easier to market & has higher profits than carpet cleaning. Nearly all your costs are in the initial setup and then it's basically all labor.

I don't like doing it so much, so I hired someone to do it for me. Don't buy a rotobrush, they are overpriced and ineffective.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I think the rotobrush, and other TM related attachments are a scam. They work - somewhat, but at the same time I feel you getting a better thorough cleaning with a neg air system.

Look at www.abatement.com and look at the viper air washing system. Goes great - hand in hand with a neg air setup. It wouldn't hurt to buy a few brushes that are drill powered, there are times those come in handy.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
http://www.meyermachine.com/

This is the equipment I have....It is all in a trailer....the GENERAL...

trailerpack.jpg

John Buxton

The key is getting business do you have a referral source? Everyone and their brother does it these days. Even Stanley Steamer has a truckmount here. If you can get a few HVAC companies to refer you, and a few fire contractors you can make great money. You'll hate the work though it's nasty and hard. Look for a used truck or trailer mount system. I found a $60,000 truckmount for $20,000 that was repo'd.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a Meyers unit like Harpers, great machine good suction can do anything from residential to light commercial.

It is dirty work most jobs are 4-5 hours for $5-600.00 not bad money but harder work than carpet cleaning.

The big trucks like John mentioned could easily cut an hour off the setup and tear down time. I'd like one but we need to build up the air duct business first.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Air duct cleaning is easy, We do alot of it.. But what if you run into a problem insomeones crawlspace?what if they have mold on their beams or something. We do alot of mold remediation, so we can take care of it. Air duct cleaning can make you alot of money.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
Air duct cleaning is easy, We do alot of it.. But what if you run into a problem insomeones crawlspace?what if they have mold on their beams or something. We do alot of mold remediation, so we can take care of it. Air duct cleaning can make you alot of money.

This is true, I run into 2 or 3 homes a week that need some serious crawl work, another add on is insulating the attic, and if you have a buddy or 2 in the Heating & Air biz you can drum them up some work in return for referrals. It is amazing the amount of shoddy installs we see. I would say that I see more problems in a person's home than I would ever imagine - makes me wonder if any contractor does good work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom