Duct cleaning

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Is this guy legit ??

Have people actually bought thousands of his machines ??

Do they work as well as he states ??

& finally,

Can you make the money he say's people are making using his equipment ??

Reason I ask, is because I seem to remember reading about another firm that has similar equipment with the hose wrapped around a red portable machine that promised the world, but the results did not match the claims.

Here is his post on the Aussie Forum.

The only dumb questions are the one's that dont get asked. Very Happy

The Turboteck ZX7 system works off vacuum power generated by your TM. It works even better with the high HG values that your Ring Vacuums produce down there.

The advantage of using vacuum power over a compressed air drive or cable drive system is lighter weight and increased reliability and reduced cost. Cable systems can break in the middle of a job and costs many hundreds of dollars to replace when they do. In addition, the increased weight of a cable driven system(3 to 6 pounds) can cause damage in flex ducting because many were not designed to carry this weight or the higher torque they produce on the duct walls. Compressed air driven models can work well but are relavtivly expensive compared to our system.By comparisan, the vacuum system of your TM is the most reliable part of the TM and makes an excellant source of power to base a drive system on.

The Turboteck ZX7 is only 6 oz in weight. Combined with the light weight of the standard 1.5" vacuum hose it uses, it puts less than 1 pound of weight on the duct wall, which is perfect for flex duct. You use this tool by screwing it into the end of the 25 ft length of standard 1.5" vac hose. The reverse threads on the ZX7 match those on the inner wall of the hose so it just screws in. The ZX7 opens up in the middle to accept different brush sizes (4", 5", 6", 8" and 10" sizes are available). These are called centering brushes and have 2 purposes. The most important is to keep the ZX7 centered in the different ducts so that the rotating brushes at the front of the tool can clean the duct wall properly when being pushed through the ducting. The centering brushes also clean the duct walls as well.

The main cleaning action happens at the front of the ZX7 by the rotating nylon brushes which spin around at 2000 rpm or more. There are approx 100 brush fibers on each screw-in brush. They are very gental on flex duct and will never cut it, but have the ability to remove most of the light soil off the duct wall. Once removed off the duct wall, the vacuum from the 3 intakes at the front of the ZX7 draw it in and remove it to the vacuum tank in your TM to be disposed of later. The rotary brushes are screwed into an aluminum cap which is mounted onto a SS shaft that spins on a high speed needle point bearing. The bearing is rated for speeds of up to 33,000 rpms. Since you will never have the brushs turning more than 1/10th that speed, it lasts a long time. In fact, it is the only part of the system that can wear out before 10 years(besides the rotary brushes)and when it does it costs you $10 or less.Average life of the bearing is 5 years. So a very lost cost system to use.

Inside the ZX7's body, mounted on the other end of the SS shaft is an air turbine which catches the air drawn in by the vacuum to drive the SS shaft, which drives the rotary brushes. This cannot break during operation. If anything too big to pass through the air turbine is drawn in during the cleaning process, the turbine just stops spinning until it is manually cleared. You would notice this by a change in sound while you were cleaning. Once the obstruction were cleared, it goes back to work again.

Now that you know how the ZX7 works, this is how you use it. First step is to locate all the air registers in the house and remove them. A 1100 sq ft house(about 100 sq m) will have about 15 of them. These register covers should be washed as part of your service.After that you are ready to start cleaning. Start at the register furtherest from the front door and work your way out. You should be using a 25 ft length of 1.5" vac hose dedicated only to air duct cleaning. You would have removed the cuff off one end of this so that the ZX7 can be screwed into it. This is the only hose that goes into the ductwork. The other end will connect to the 100 ft of 2" vac hose you run between your TM and the dedicated air duct cleaning hose, using a 2" to 1.5" joiner.

The average length of most ducting connected to the register will be about 15 ft(5 meters). After connecting the ZX7 to the 1.5" hose, you are ready to turn it on by connecting it to the live 2" vac hose.Before you do that however, you make sure the correct size of centering brush is mounted on the ZX7. In most cases this will be the 6" brush. You can check this quickly by putting your hand in the ducting to guage the size. If you have to spead your finfers wide to touch the walls side to side it is 6". After that is done, you connect the 2" live hose and the rotary brushes start spinning on the tool.

Feed the ZX7 into the ducting slowly and keep going until you feel it reach the end of the duct. This takes about a minute or less. Reverse the direction by pulling the hose slowly out of the ducting. The process beginning to end takes less than 2 minutes per duct. Continue on until you have cleaned all 15 ducts(or however many there are). Finish by cleaning the visable area under the register covers with the same cleaning solution the register covers were cleaned with. Then replace the covers back on. The whole process for an average size house takes an hour or less. You should be about to charge $200 to $300 for this, which makes it more profitable than carpet cleaning on an hourly basis.

After finishing cleaning the ductwork, then you clean the carpets on the same visit. This is why this service is so profitable.You already have the customer. You are already there(in most cases), so you are adding to the job ticket before the carpets get cleaned. If the carpet cleaning is done for $200 and you can bump that up to $400 or more by an extra hour's work, your profit margin is at least 5X greater on that job. And the cost?About $5 for the gasoline you burn running your TM during that hour or less and about $2 for the wear on the rotary brushes. The brushes cost $20 per set and they average 10 houses before they need replacement, so the cost is low.

If you pick the $199 down payment option and payments of $50/mo, your system pays forself after just 3 or 4 jobs. And the $50 monthly payments are easy to make once your income is up $2000 or more per month. I have sold thousands of these systems over the last 9 years and I have never heard of a cleaner not making thousands with it if he used it. Many cleaners use the 4" brush available with this system to do dryer vent cleaning as well. The only person that will not make money is the cleaner that does not have one, or that buys it, but never uses it.

Hope that gives you a better idea why I say this is the greatest add on business a cleaner with a TM could make.

End of post.

With so many great offers available, one does not know where to turn for advice :cry:

Ooroo,

:roll:

Name
Kevin McCreary
The Turboteck ZX7 is a P.O.S. and is no way to clean air ducts. I had one and it broke after three jobs. It wont even fit into some duct work and a truckmount doesn't have enough cfms to clean ducts.

John Watson

Hot damn there Mate,

I thought u tol me u had this here duck cleanen all fingered oot....
wernt ya gonna get them there different size KIWI birds thet fits the different sized ducks an force feed them dern things??? U said by the time those Kiwis comes out the end hole those there ducks be clean as a whistle and HP was agoing to pay you royalties on this here ideas..

PS u never tol me is the small problem was fixed or not, Worked fine down under, but when turned rite side up, duck complained bout funny taste in his beak...

G

Isnt that there a Ken Harris set up?No that is really not a good way to clean.

breathe72

Kevin McCreary said:
The Turboteck ZX7 is a P.O.S. and is no way to clean air ducts. I had one and it broke after three jobs. It wont even fit into some duct work and a truckmount doesn't have enough cfms to clean ducts.

Exactly.

Greenie

Just recently had a fellow stop in a buy a Greenhorn wand, he recently added a Vortex to his Air Duct cleaning company, the carpet gig was fairly new for them, this is only their second truckmount, but he's been doing ducts for a few years and covers two states, anyhow he was telling me very specifically how they have to use two systems to achieve "really clean" ducts standards they demand.

They fist started with the Rotobrush, but quickly moved on to an Abatement system, only to go abck and add in the rotobrush for it's agitation factor, so I guess they are just using the scrubbbing ability of the rotobrush with the Abatement sytem.

That was food for thought, casue i know a lot of guys use Abatement stuff, so now I'm gonna ask my next dust guy if they scrub with anything extra, or just use one system?

But...to think you can just use a tiny spinning cat whisker running off of a 1.5" vac hose to clean ducts is ludacris.

Why do carpet cleaners buy this shit without investigating a bit further?

G

Electric would be ok when it was completely necessary,but you can only get so many cfms out of it and to go along with what Steve said,you do want as much air movement as you can get.So a truckmount is ldeal.

John Watson

Thats how the white man do it...Us nates pluck em all, guts for crab bait, Carcus, heart, liver and gizzards into the stew pot for a great mulligan.... An we jus suc da meat off da bones..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom