Dwyer Meter Bullet

Farenheit251

My Dwyer meter wont keep working. The Bullet keeps getting stuck down. I take it apart and put it back together and it works a few days. I cant see anything wrong with it or find what is making it stick. Do I even need the bullet?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Captain Cleantastic said:
My Dwyer meter wont keep working. The Bullet keeps getting stuck down. I take it apart and put it back together and it works a few days. I cant see anything wrong with it or find what is making it stick.

it doesn't take a very big piece of grit/dirt to stick the ball, Brian.

are you sure your tank is clean?

are you "sure" it's flowing at all?

next time it sticks, try this;
put a naked QD on the end of the solution line so water will flow full flow.
Turn the pump on and off a couple times .
See if the ball jumps at all.
if not....
if you have a hi-pressure setting on your pump, turn it to hi and turn the pump on and off a couple times and see what happens

..L.T.A.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Sometimes when they get old they stick at the bottom. I have used a small steel beed under the piece that gets stuck so that it did not go down as far as normal, and that kept it from getting stuck on the bottom of the meter.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
mine stuck at the bottom once and I have to take it off and clean it. Has worked fine since. they are pretty cheap to replace with a new one around 40. Make sure to get the stainless , the brass won't last. You can also get it with viton if you want.
gene

Farenheit251

Mine wasnt $40 it was damn near a hundred bucks from my wonderful Interlink distributor 18 months ago. If it was $40 I would have already replaced it.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Captain Cleantastic said:
Mine wasnt $40 it was damn near a hundred bucks from my wonderful Interlink distributor 18 months ago. If it was $40 I would have already replaced it.

I had a local distributor charge me $100. I took it back when I finally looked at the price and ordered one from Dwyer direct for about half that.

ascrubabove

Mine stuck, took it off and removed the plug on the top, tapped it a couple of times to get the ball out and cleaned the tube with a Q-tip, put it all back and works fine!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not all meters are the same. If you have a Hydramaster your screwed or you need to be good with a grinder. Also do you have a knob or just the valve? prices go from $49 to over $100 for the Hydramaster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom