Dyson heartbreak

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Had to crush the hopes and dreams of a dyson owner today that they didn't have the world's perfect vacuum.

She was so proud to own a dyson and that she proudly vacuumed yesterday... then I used my trust 46.00 bissel on the 300 sqft and pulled out 3 canistors of fur, dust, and ick. She wasn't so boastful after seeing that.

But I gave her a little grace and showed her that which way the grain of the carpet fell and that occasionally she should alter her vacuum routine to help pickup the nap and extract a little more. She felt a little better.

She also has 200 lb's of playful big dogs to help contribute to her pet hair fun! 100 lb new finland 10 mo old and growing.. and 100 lb labrador 4 years old. (for some reason the new findland gave their cat of 7 years a heart attck! .. huh who knew.) Fun and curious dogs, made for a fun cleaning!!

Some people get annoyed with pets, I figure you can stress out about them, or thank them for making the carpets dirty!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
sweendogg said:
She was so proud to own a dyson and that she proudly vacuumed yesterday... then I used my trust 46.00 bissel on the 300 sqft and pulled out 3 canistors of fur, dust, and ick. She wasn't so boastful after seeing that.

sad but true.
I've repeated that same performance many times...

..L.T.A.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
certainly nothing cheap about the DC07, it's made the same as the rest of the Dyson's.

she prolly has no clue that the foam filter needs to be cleaned. that, and she prolly vacuums about as "thoroughly" as most home owners do. that, and she prolly doesn't realize that after you vacuumed, some1 else coulda come in and got some more stuff in their vac bag.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Derek said:
certainly nothing cheap about the DC07, it's made the same as the rest of the Dyson's.

she prolly has no clue that the foam filter needs to be cleaned. that, and she prolly vacuums about as "thoroughly" as most home owners do. that, and she prolly doesn't realize that after you vacuumed, some1 else coulda come in and got some more stuff in their vac bag.

exactly.. most home owners think that having the world's best vacuum means they can vacuum really fast.. You can't beat physics. You still need nice steady and slow vacuum strokes to allow the air to circulate around the base of the fibers and pull the debris into the vacuum chamber. She only vacuumed in one direction and again with that much doggg.. that roll around on the carpet like 24/7.. its nott to surpising of what I've pulled out.

Ron K

I replaced the red bristles on my Dyson with wood dowels........they were softer.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
sweendogg said:
Derek said:

exactly.. most home owners think that having the world's best vacuum means they can vacuum really fast.. You can't beat physics. You still need nice steady and slow vacuum strokes to allow the air to circulate around the base of the fibers and pull the debris into the vacuum chamber. She only vacuumed in one direction and again with that much doggg.. that roll around on the carpet like 24/7.. its nott to surpising of what I've pulled out.

I feel the same. Just let the vacuum do its job. Dyson, Kirby, Electrolux, MIracleMate, doesn't really matter what the home owner has. Very rarely do I get an empty canister.
People either don't know how, don't want to, or don't have a machine capable of getting the soil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom