Dyson on a thick, shaggy pile.

Mikey P

Administrator
Do you Dyson owners just not vacuum deep piles?

I tried one on a real thicky today and, good lord almighty the damn tug boat just would not move forward.

While my little Beta tester just glided right over it and filled a whole paper sack with crud.

Loving this new vac. Gimmie a couple more weeks and I'll unveil it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have had a few it has made me work a bit harder but not that often.........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have had trouble on a few long ones. In those cases I only back up. Its definitely less than ideal on those.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
does mikey have a new sebo?????????
my wife has a dyson she loves it i think its a pos

sebo deal sound interesting but would really like to try it on a plush carpet

come on mikey time to come clean here

Mikey P

Administrator
Not a Sebo.

I was suppose to get one from the Sebo girl @ MF gratis but so far no package has arrived.

the DC14 is a beast. and you can't use it on a stair case.

No thanks.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
has anyone did the sebo thing yet?
i think it would be a great add on put scared to take the leap
our dustcup sanitares do a good job
god i hate messin with bags
i wonder where can we get sanitares wholesale?

vonmosher455

Did you say you picked it up at Bed Bath and Beyond !gotcha! . I picked one up there also a week ago $200. Great vac think i like it we will see how long it will last. Had a dyson in my shop for a year, to many gimmics.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the DC07 works much better for ME, than the DC14....sold my DC14 Animal. it was too aggressive for ME.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I bought the vacuum that Mikey is talking about at Wal-Mart, months ago, for $150. My wife loves it! Why Mikey is being so secretive about it is confusing to me, but I won't name it until he does. It vacuums just a good as a Dyson. And I mean that as a compliment. The yellow Dyson I had all those years (before I finally killed it) was and is the absolute best vacuum I have ever used! I will buy another one soon ... soon as somebody dies and leaves me the money.

The problem with Mikey's vac, for me anyway, would be the teeny head on it. Have you ever seen the tiny version of the Dyson Ball vac. that you can get? The downsized version? The head on this vac. is the same size as the downsized Dyson. Only about 11 or 12 inches wide. And, it has a very small dirt cup on it. I think I would go insane having to empty that little 1 cup of dirt every 5 minutes!

It will be interesting to see what Mikey finally decides on that vacuum.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
best priced DC07 on the net: http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/vacde ... ?DBID=2419

bought my third DC07 from them in December.

someday i will try out Ron's fav:

CLearTracFullCannister.jpg

Mike, have you tried ___________^ yet?

Grant D

I find bags to be far less of an annoyance than having to empty the puny dirt cups all the time. In the bags pet hair and filler fiber get compressed, in a dirt cup they don't. I post vac all my carpets so there are different factors to consider.

The pro-team 15xp is the best vac for this type of use that I have found. Bags are cheap, roughly $60 for 100, rinse out the motor filter every couple of days, change the hepa filter (only $7.50) every couple months. I can HEAR when stuff is coming in the tube so I know when to go slow. Sure I probably miss a little and would be nice to SEE but a dirt cup/canister vac that isn't a PITA to use for the way I use a vac hasn't been invented yet.

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought the small head would be an issue Marty, Turns out to be a blessing in your typical home where you need to get around furniture and vacuum a stair case.

It's just the right width to use on the average tread with out it hanging over and losing suck.

besides if you do the math, due to its longer than average handle it probably takes an extra 45 seconds to vacuum the same room a 12 inch head would.

I'm keeping it hush hush because I felt bad about how many people went out and bought those 36 day POS Bissells due to my over enthusiasm.

Mikey P

Administrator
Issues?

No. I just keep a grocery sack at the front door to dump in.

So what is your beef with the Sanitaires other than the belts?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hiyas Grant :mrgreen:

the DC07 works great for post-vac'ing damp carpet. the DC14 i had was too aggressive, and pulled up some moisture which led to clogged plumbing in it (moisture+dirt=mud)

so far i have never had that happen with my DC07.

the dust cups will compress some, look at that pic of Ron's vac above. that is all compressed.

Mikey P

Administrator
half is in it's deep cleaning ability?

you're out of your mind.

Put a new belt on one and do some side by sides and get back to me.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I keep a supply of those darn belts at hand and can tell you from experience that the Dyson will out vacuum a Sanataire vacuum all day long. I never had my in-line filter clog up on me when I was using my Dyson. It happens quite often with the Sanataire.

Mikey P

Administrator
Well no wonder.

You bought a Sanataire.

Those are real pieces of shit.

my Sanitaire with a tight belt will out clean a Dyson every time.

So you filled your lint filter one time and based your judgment on that?

hogjowl

Idiot™
ONE TIME?

Heck no! I mean like every time I clean a rat nasty.

Face it ... you gave out some pretty crappy recomendations for some time there regarding vacuums.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom