E-Tes class

Al

Were heading to an E-Tes class at New england Steamway. The prize give away is an E-Tes, send some positive vibes this way if you can. 8)

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Re: E-Tess class

let me know if it is any good as they keep bombarding me with emails with dates they will be in town.

Al

Re: E-Tess class

It's a big sales pitch but 1 out of the small group wins an E-Tes, I learned a couple of things.
I didn't like the way the instructor put Dri-Eaz down to promote Tes. I don't recall Dri-Eaz knocking the Tes or any other systems.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I don't think the instructor put Dri-Eaz down. His point was that the early manufactures of WD equipment taught the restoration industry that the ambient air temperature on a WD job should stay between 70 and 90 degrees. This was done to allow the dehumidifiers to work most efficiently, not to increase evaporation. With the new high temperature dehumidifiers or using the exhaust controller, the temperatures of the wet material and to a lesser degree, the ambient air temperature can exceed 90 degrees and jobs can be dried faster.
What the restoration industry was taught by manufactures 10 years ago was correct at the time but is now outdated. At least that was my understanding.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
The E-TES is probably the most handy piece of equipment we've purchased in the last 2 years. We use it a lot. I'm going to buy more.

Al

I don't think the instructor put Dri-Eaz down. His point was that the early manufactures of WD equipment taught the restoration industry that the ambient air temperature on a WD job should stay between 70 and 90 degrees. This was done to allow the dehumidifiers to work most efficiently, not to increase evaporation. With the new high temperature dehumidifiers or using the exhaust controller, the temperatures of the wet material and to a lesser degree, the ambient air temperature can exceed 90 degrees and jobs can be dried faster.
What the restoration industry was taught by manufactures 10 years ago was correct at the time but is now outdated. At least that was my understanding.

/quote]

I wasn't referring to the class itself

I was referring to his direct remarks Like " Would dri eaz do that for you".
I better way to say it would be "do makers of the equipment you use do this for you".

He said dri-eaz does nothing to help the business owner and I have to disagree with the way that was said too.
I don't promote my business by saying "would Service Master do that for you".
That's what I called a cut down

I know he was just doing his thing ,he just rubbed me the wrong way. we own and use the E-Tes.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the e tes is pretty cool, once you buy one you will find more and more chances to use it, I bought one last fall because I had one job I knew I could come within 3/4ths of the way of paying for it, within a month I had 2 other jobs to set it on, needless to say its been a profitable piece of equipment. the most benficial I saw it be was drying a fur down that was wet, it had popcorn texture with sparkles (probably asbestos) blown on part the bottom side, on the sides of the fur down was 60's paneling that matched the entire basement. without the etes all this would have had to be torn down. it would have opened a big can of worms and cost a ton of money.

the main TES system I am not sold one however, yeah I think it dries very fast and quickly, however it costs a ton of money, it pays the same as setting conventional equipment. so I pony up 30k only to make the same as what I was already making, the machine is too big for small jobs and not big enough for big jobs.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Al said:
Were heading to an E-Tes class at New england Steamway. The prize give away is an E-Tes, send some positive vibes this way if you can. 8)
I rubbed my hED for ya.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Full disclosure: I sell the E-Tes AND Drieaz equipment.

I was referring to his direct remarks Like " Would dri eaz do that for you".
I better way to say it would be "do makers of the equipment you use do this for you".

The sad thing here is that the instructor gave free advertising to Dri-eaz. Mentioning a competitor's name, in any context, puts their name "out there".

The second thing it does is makes most fair minded people want to rise to their defense, as they are not able to do so themselves at that time and place.

The value of any product or service should stand on its own merits, not the "demerits" (real or stated) of a competitor.

Now just look at how much positive attention Dri-eaz got in an E-Tes thread!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
We installed the E-TES in a 15x13 room yesterday at 10:00 am. No heat in this room, outside temp 34. 60% of room affected from roof to subfloor, 40% - 100% MC. (tree went through the roof.) We pulled pad, placed E-TES under carpet, 1 dehu, 3 Dri-Eaz ACE airmovers.

Today, met adjuster at 12:00 pm. Ambient room temp was 122. Nothing in the room was reading higher than 6% MC. Think she was happy? So was the homeowner. The dehu quit working at some point due to the high heat, but by that time she was dry anyway. Original estimate was $1,700 and change for typical 3 day drying estimate. Actual bill is $931. Sure we didn't make as much overall, (we only had 4 man hours of labor pulling pad, base and set up) but we didn't have daily monitoring for 3 days (45 minute drive each way) and the adjuster for the insurance company, Liberty Mutual, is thrilled. I'll take as many of those as I can get.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Ed said:
We installed the E-TES in a 15x13 room yesterday at 10:00 am. No heat in this room, outside temp 34. 60% of room affected from roof to subfloor, 40% - 100% MC. (tree went through the roof.) We pulled pad, placed E-TES under carpet, 1 dehu, 3 Dri-Eaz ACE airmovers.

Today, met adjuster at 12:00 pm. Ambient room temp was 122. Nothing in the room was reading higher than 6% MC. Think she was happy? So was the homeowner. The dehu quit working at some point due to the high heat, but by that time she was dry anyway. Original estimate was $1,700 and change for typical 3 day drying estimate. Actual bill is $931. Sure we didn't make as much overall, (we only had 4 man hours of labor pulling pad, base and set up) but we didn't have daily monitoring for 3 days (45 minute drive each way) and the adjuster for the insurance company, Liberty Mutual, is thrilled. I'll take as many of those as I can get.

Great job, Ed.

Here is a suggestion if you run into a similar situation in the future. Place your dehumidifier outside the effected room with any door open and the out put directed into the wet area. The dehu will still be removing excess moisture but will be operating in a lower temp enviorment. So the dehu will work better and the ambient are temperature in the effected area won't climb so high.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Thanks Scott. That's a great idea. I just never thought with this room being basically at outside temp (in the 30's) that it would get that hot! I'll definitely do that next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom