E-Transit

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I'm now the owner of an E-Transit.

The challenge is that Legend Brands doesn't want to Sell or install a Gas TM in the van.
They are concerned that the electric motor might ignite fumes from the gas tank and cause a fire/explosion.
I was willing to be the 1st Ginny pig-- but they refused-- perhaps a good thing.

So I Jury-rigged a 3 vac porty system and the suction was greater than my 370.--
This system is still in beta for me and I will keep you posted.

I would have preferred the simplicity of a Peak 500-- But it is what it is

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm now the owner of an E-Transit.

The challenge is that Legend Brands doesn't want to Sell or install a Gas TM in the van.
They are concerned that the electric motor might ignite fumes from the gas tank and cause a fire/explosion.
I was willing to be the 1st Ginny pig-- but they refused-- perhaps a good thing.

So I Jury-rigged a 3 vac porty system and the suction was greater than my 370.--
This system is still in beta for me and I will keep you posted.

I would have preferred the simplicity of a Peak 500-- But it is what it is
What are you using for heat? Running a generator?

AlienAgent

Name
Joe Gingerich
Does your setup run off the battery, a generator, or customer’s electric via extension cord?

You could probably run a gas TM, no problem. But anchoring it to the van’s floor might be a problem due to all the electrical/battery stuff.

Mikey P

Administrator
Interesting
A bit of advice on how to take advice here on the Internet..

Don't listen to people who have not ran particular equipment themselves in real world situations.

I've had 22+ truckmounts, two of which were Vortex/ Aerotech, an E650 and many 4.8 sized units.

Cleaners get bitter and vindictive when they realize they financed $30k too much of a machine, and misery loves company.

Name
Austin Willoughby

Don't listen to people who have not ran particular equipment themselves in real world situations.

I've had 22+ truckmounts, two of which were Vortex/ Aerotech, an E650 and many 4.8 sized units.

Cleaners get bitter and vindictive when they realize they financed $30k too much of a machine, and misery loves company.
Oh trust me I know exactly what you mean with how easy it is to be fooled by big numbers. Bigger blower means you clean better? Not necessarily it depends on the situation. So on and so forth. Amazing how easy it is to be fooled by things for sure if your not good at seeing through the bs that is

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

How many of those 22+ truckmounts did you purchase with your own hard earned money and how many of those 22+ truckmounts performed as promised?

I’ve owned 6 different sized tm and I’ve worked side by side with a 370 on several hard earned hours and my friend (who ditched it to get a 570 after over 3k hrs) was mad at how he should’ve bought a 570 from the start.

I wish I bought my Everest from the start.

The only machine that’s to big is a giant steam action and/or Aerotech on a single wand.

But there’s more machines that are too small vs machines that are too big

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
How many of those 22+ truckmounts did you purchase with your own hard earned money and how many of those 22+ truckmounts performed as promised?

I’ve owned 6 different sized tm and I’ve worked side by side with a 370 on several hard earned hours and my friend (who ditched it to get a 570 after over 3k hrs) was mad at how he should’ve bought a 570 from the start.

I wish I bought my Everest from the start.

The only machine that’s to big is a giant steam action and/or Aerotech on a single wand.

But there’s more machines that are too small vs machines that are too big
I agree, the Chief, spitfire, 370, and even the underpowered coit machines all are lacking. It's like people that trick themselves into thinking that Swamp coolers work great and they don't need a real air conditioner.

Name
Austin Willoughby
Just to be clear I believe a 56 blower is optimal for 99 precent of our work. Not to big but definitely out performs a 370 in every way. Now don't get me wrong if your doing thin hotel carpet 3 plus flights up a portable or encrap makes more sense. Everything has a place but a TM with atleast a 56 blower is ideal for more than half of the carpet cleaning industry in my opinion. Buy a good used setup and you won't spend 30k plus on one.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinL and BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
I guess I could still use a left handed screwdriver.... PXL_20231019_203146377.jpg

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
What are you using for heat? Running a generator?
A propane water heater and generator for now-- Might install "Tesla" Powerwall in
van to replace the generator and avoid using customer's outlets and the hassle of running power cords.

Jerry rigged..

Pics?
It was a M-5 mytee 2 vac porty in the garage connected to a 1 vac Air hog vac booster in the house with 50 ft of hose to the wand. total of 150 ft of hose.

Does your setup run off the battery, a generator, or customer’s electric via extension cord?

You could probably run a gas TM, no problem. But anchoring it to the van’s floor might be a problem due to all the electrical/battery stuff.
Legends brands won't allow an install.

Hydramaster's X-drive TM can easily be modified to be the 1st safe real TM to run in these E-transits.
Maybe I should brainstorm with them?

I'm for it! I know you said it had stronger suction but the real question is what about the water recover? Better about the same or worse?
The carpet dried fast enough

I agree, the Chief, spitfire, 370, and even the underpowered coit machines all are lacking. It's like people that trick themselves into thinking that Swamp coolers work great and they don't need a real air conditioner.
IMO bigger machines can clean carpets faster and with fewer strokes, but I'm older and slower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom