Early morning APO fix or Comet APO pump pops breaker fix.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Just in time for Reno Mikey’s Fest, my APO stopped working. When it activated the motor would not turn and pop the breaker. Early this morning I pulled it apart to see if I could free up the motor. After pulling out a dead cat, I bolted her back together, she fired up.

Just a theory, but The Friday before leaving for Reno, the APO was left on while the hose valve was closed and tripped the breaker. I’m thinking due to all the back pressure something had locked up in the motor. Upon cracking it open, things must have jiggled loose.

AFD92900-18D7-4121-BE6E-19AD8EFD259A.jpeg

Last edited:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Comet pump oil.

That is the only issue I’ve seen with that app. It is a great unit overall and I believe easily the best app available on the market.

The motor is weak and just a light bit of surface rust will not let the motor turn. Once broke free, it will work without issue.

I know this because, I tore the whole unit down put the motor back on and It didn’t turn. Then I took the motor in my hand and it did not turn. Gave it a small jolt and gave it power and it turned smoothly.

Reactions: Nomad74

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You should amend the title of this thread to reflect the comet automatic pump out apo unit pops breakers solution. So it is easily searchable online so others can simply remove the 4 bolts for the motor, break motor free and reinstall motor, instead of taking it in for service for a silly mis inconvenience.

Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom