Easiest way to defoam to 4000 sq ft

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We have a new commercial account that has been "shampooing" the carpet with bonnet for 9 years. We test cleaned about 200 sq ft and it shut my vacuum down in one 4ft stroke.

What is the easiest way to defoam this much carpet?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
sprinkle a gallon of crystal defoamer over the place after prespraying

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I will have to take pictures of my Scots Spreader in the middle of a nursing home.

I have been using liquid. Will the defoamer affect my prespray in any way? I may just encap and forget about it.

Anytime I run into a situation like that I tell the customer they can pay me extra or live with 3 day dry times.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
A fine mist of Rinse Master from Chemeister after your prespray will kill the foam, or you could run it in you rinse water. Works great.

Scott Rogers

you dont need prespray, there is enough crap in the carpet now. crystal defomer and a good acid rinse. and good luck. I have one the janatorial crew bonnet cleans the traffic areas nightly.i go in twice a year to flush the crap out, or try too. geeeeez. Total incompetence.

On a side note it is quite funny when they have a water damage, bubbles up to your knees. :shock:

Name
Eric Valentine
5945605.jpg

http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore.co ... 29269.aspx

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have tried the crystal defomer without great success

I had a few hallways that I cleaned with a bonnet cleaning product a few times between HWE, crystal defomer didn't help when I rinsed it out

I cleaned some university dorm carpet with my 450 maxx and had the foam problem also but only the first time I cleaned it, then a few years later I took the vortex and high flow to it and had the same foaming issues

I think the combination of acid rinse with the crystal defomer would be best

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Prespray with defoamer and then acid rinse. Yes, defoamer will negatively affect your prespray if added directly to it.

Gene

Rex Tyus

Bryan, do you have 2.5" hose on that AT? If so and you are still having serious issues with the foam it must be in really bad shape.

I would suggest a low surfactant acid rinse as well. CTI's "Last Step" is really good for those situations. Meat don't like it much but it works really well for what you describe. Fab set is a decent second.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
Art Kelley said:
A fine mist of Rinse Master from Chemeister after your prespray will kill the foam, or you could run it in you rinse water. Works great.

Agreed
Chemeister's Rinse Master was formulated for this exact purpose. It will neutralize any detergent residue and rinse them squeaky clean. On severe residue I prespray and rinse with it. I have not used a drop of defoamer since using this.

FabPro has a powdered defoamer that you can sprinkle on the carpet...
I have had great success with it...You can sprinkle a little in your waste tank if your blowing foam out of your exhaust....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I was going to say why not just use the acid rinse as your prespray?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom