EDIC Supernova vs Cimex

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Being a glutton for punishment, I’m gonna ask..

Ok, I clean a couple of nursing homes with multiple surface types. I also clean a few churches, same situation.

It seems that the Supernova, as a push & pull machine, could extract without blocking the residents with hoses. The Cimex is king of encap, but Is limited to that and can never recover soils.

Anyone have experience with this machine? Youtube is dead useless, as only company demos are available.
Let the abuse begin...

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
So hurtful

A1A8E15C-9839-4308-8D74-AEA73A8BD044.jpeg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have never liked walk behind machines. The super Nova appears to be well thought out and I like the fact that it cleans both forward and back. If you believe that it will clean 6000 sqft per hour, I have a brush pro I will sell you. Yes it picks up soils but hard to compare to a Cimex. The Cimex encapsulates soils in the detergent which are picked up by regular vacuuming. If you are worried about urine or coffee stains, just use the appropriate products. The Cimex will allow you to clean the maximum sqft. Per hour. Will dry faster, creating less slip and fall hazards.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
You’re overthinking it. A walk behind carpet extractor still smears dirt around. As you know I’m #thejanitor, and someone is always trying to sell me a walk behind. No thank you. Cimex, on even my Bane with Zipper if I cant use the truckmount.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
All of the walk behinds I've ever used only recover 50% of what the solution tank holds. And as far as encap/scampoo it's for appearance management smearing the dirt around.

AND the only REAL soil removed is the initial.................PREVACUUM

Up to 75% of the dry soil is removed and in my opinion the ONLY soil removed.

But we all KNOW.................nobody takes the time to do this critical step.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
All of the walk behinds I've ever used only recover 50% of what the solution tank holds. And as far as encap/scampoo it's for appearance management smearing the dirt around.

So there is your answer. Pile lift the carpets and then smear the dirt around with your tool of choice.

Name
Jeff T

Every job I SCAMPoo, gets a very thorough vacuuming. How do I know? Cause my helper takes FOREVER to vac, even with the new 18” I bought her. We start out with a new bag at the beginning of every job, and I clean the filter probably more than I should.... I got a line on a Certified Pile Lifter, I’m going to start using that before encapping.....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You do it right by vacuuming BEFORE you smear in that scampoo.

But I hope you know that the word encapsulation is way over used and means NOTHING when it comes to SCAMPOO.

Name
Jeff T
You do it right by vacuuming BEFORE you smear in that scampoo.

But I hope you know that the word encapsulation is way over used and means NOTHING when it comes to SCAMPOO.
Jimmy, if they pay enough, I’d use a toothbrush and a washcloth. No, scampoo is not the best method, but sometimes the only method....(concerns over drytimes, security, noise, etc...)....

Reactions: Shorty

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes

Correctadumbo!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Every job I SCAMPoo, gets a very thorough vacuuming. How do I know? Cause my helper takes FOREVER to vac, even with the new 18” I bought her. We start out with a new bag at the beginning of every job, and I clean the filter probably more than I should.... I got a line on a Certified Pile Lifter, I’m going to start using that before encapping.....

Your wife let you hire a female helper?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Did you buy it yet? I have a nice one for sale. $500. Stiff black brush, not the original veg brush.

Brian Jackson

Name
Brian Jackson
I had a Supernova, but sold it to a church. Supernova is a good machine. It is superior to the pull behind self-contained units, but Cimexes are much faster and easier to use for volume appearance management.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Brian, I see your point. I guess it is just that I seek a safe way to do at least some form of extraction up and down multiple floors of hallways, as quietly as possible.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Again, I get it. But I don’t think a self contained is the ticket. I’d use a porty
and a zipper any day before I’d use a self contain. I use a Bane as a porty which works great with a zipper, but the Cimex works better in nursing home situations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom