Education oppurtunity section on MIKEYSBOARD

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always have to search around for the good classes and I think it would be great to look in one place to find lets say JIM P's specialty upholstery class. It is the 13th and 14th of June but I will be in Cali had I known when it was I may have said I can't go to Cali. Also last year there were some good leather classes floating around.
We should also have links to all the different training schools, so everyone would know where to go to really learn tile, stone, water proofing or anything else.
Like a directory that people could update and talk about their experiences and the learning center can list classes and dates for training. Not IICRC specific but any and all training. As professionals we should never think we know everything.

Just an idea

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
That is an excellent search system Scott I punched in my state and bang showed me everything

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I always have to search around for the good classes and I think it would be great to look in one place to find lets say JIM P's specialty upholstery class. It is the 13th and 14th of June but I will be in Cali had I known when it was I may have said I can't go to Cali. Also last year there were some good leather classes floating around.
We should also have links to all the different training schools, so everyone would know where to go to really learn tile, stone, water proofing or anything else.
Like a directory that people could update and talk about their experiences and the learning center can list classes and dates for training. Not IICRC specific but any and all training. As professionals we should never think we know everything.

Just an idea

Love the idea, don't know how much work that is for these guys though. One page to look up all classes of all distributors would be cool, plus comments on what the best classes are.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it could be a sticky somewhere. Even in the marketing room because marketing is education. It would need to be culled from the BS people throw(IE : ME) the responsibility would be the provider to update the information and if they didn't they get cut. Everytime I find a good class it is too late, like today.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen

Just an idea
Well, only since you asked, Greg. :)

Here is the central page for all the classes Jon-Don offers. You can sort by type of seminar, date, location and instructor.

Steve

PS Plus of course here are the FAQ's on the SFS seminar.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I have a question. Why did all the prices go up this year. Were the instructors not making enough $$ or are there fewer people taking the classes these days? Or did the price of lunch go up that much?

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
I have a question. Why did all the prices go up this year. Were the instructors not making enough $$ or are there fewer people taking the classes these days? Or did the price of lunch go up that much?

Fuel surcharges, I think :smile:

I don't have any distributors in my state. Driving back and forth isn't feasible. Cost of training, travel expenses to and from, hotel expenses for 2 nights (for a 3 day class) couple meals/drinks, tattoos, drugs and prostitutes comes to a "wicked" bill. ayuh..

But I agree with Kevin though.. it's getting spendy.
Bill Morgan

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom