Efficiency

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've been using the truck mount to clean a lot of upholstery lately but just thinking today, as I clean another sectional sofa, "what the hell am I doing"? Here I have my truck mount running burning maybe 1.5 gallons per hour, I've turned down the pressure and and am using the vacuum brake on the upholstery tool. I have portables that will produce the same results with inline heaters and I can use the customers electricity. With gas hovering between $6-8 per gallon, this last job cost me $10 more than if I used a porty. If I just do even 5 jobs a week like that, that's an extra $50 a week. That's like 10 baconators.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Man, Ya'll have ridiculous gas prices up there. I would definitely break out the porty every chance I got. Heck, I might even sell the TM and get one of them high powered, super suction porties that has enough vacuum motors to suck start a Volkswagen. Stick that extra $200 a month in retirement and you can have a nice nest egg in 40 years.

Reactions: Cleanworks

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you're willing to deal with the hassle of a portable, it will do just as good a job on upholstery. Save for the occasional leak or malfunction.

Canadians love it.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If you're willing to deal with the hassle of a portable, it will do just as good a job on upholstery. Save for the occasional leak or malfunction.

Canadians love it.
I don't see what the hassle is. My porty system comes into the job site with one trip. As you are filling it, you connect the power cords and hoses, by the time that is done, it's time to start cleaning. No more difficult to set up than a truck mount. Plus, you get to dump in the customers toilet. A basic portable will do but a high power one will do better.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ask 95% of people who used (many times) both a TM and a portable and they will tell you that setting the TM is much less of a hassle and less time consuming.

That's just a fact..........unless of course they consider hockey a sport :winky:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ask 95% of people who used (many times) both a TM and a portable and they will tell you that setting the TM is much less of a hassle and less time consuming.

That's just a fact..........unless of course they consider hockey a sport :winky:
Some people just don't know what the Fook they're doing and some are skilled tradesmen.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I also see my fair share of heat set issues my competition leaves in upholstery with their spitfire 3.2 (not exactly known as a performance TM) admittedly operator error rather than machine

but warm water is enough for most upholstery I see

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I also see my fair share of heat set issues my competition leaves in upholstery with their spitfire 3.2 (not exactly known as a performance TM) admittedly operator error rather than machine

but warm water is enough for most upholstery I see
My edic inline heater gives me over 200 degrees f.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I agree unless heavily soiled.

However I still prefer a tm. While I hear it makes no difference in Canada, it really dries faster here in the USA.
15-20 minutes doesn't really make a difference. When you have to turn down your pressure, turn down your vacuum, your truck mount has the same performance as a good portable. Especially on velours, velvets and microfibre.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
15-20 minutes doesn't really make a difference. When you have to turn down your pressure, turn down your vacuum, your truck mount has the same performance as a good portable. Especially on velours, velvets and microfibre.
We don’t have those sissy fibers down here. We have Rooms to Go. Set the truckmount on blister and start cleaning.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Do you not have a Sapphire tool?
Not yet, I have the shear dry but normally still use my pmf tools. I have them balanced very well and can control the vacuum with my thumb. I usually turn the psi down to 300-350. Leaves the fabric almost dry. Best tool for vertical blinds as well. I will have to pick up a ss tool. I got talked into the shear dry in Phoenix. Not bad but the extra spray bar is an issue. Pmf is the best for controlling the overspray. You need to find the right balance and angle of attack with the internal jet. If you control the vacuum properly, you get a nice even spray. Too much pressure or vacuum and you are cleaning an inch wide only.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom