Efflorescence

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I noticed today after color sealing, I had about a dozen of those white spots come through the color seal. I cleaned like usual, put fans on to dry quicker and applied. This is a first for me, what happened? I just applied more sealer over the spots, will wait to see what it looks like tomorrow. If it comes through again am I screwed? I used sealer from GP. TIA

damion68

Mike, pictures would be more helpful. What was your cleaning process? Just alk or did you also acid and rinse?

Mark

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I went back today, all the spots that popped up were just around 2 tiles, whew, some came back even after I put more color seal over them, some stayed gone. I reapplied some more sealer, will see if they stay away. I haven't done a whole lot of color sealing, but this never happened before. I guess I don't understand what happened. I have cleaned this floor before, and no problems. I thought the sealer would prevent anything coming up as well as from the top. Sorry, my phone pics suck, I will call GP tomorrow and see what Steve says. I will post what he comes up with.

Fon Johnson

Are you SURE it is efflorescence (white and powdery) or could it be moisture coming up in spots where the grout was not entirely dry?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
The gp guys said to remove the spots with the driest possible way and then reapply. But when I went back today to check on them buggers they were gone. I'm a thinking maybe because this was a shoddy job of tile laying, the moisture from the cleaning kinda run all towards these two tiles and settled, and it was wetter than I thought when I applied the sealer. Anyway, no prob. Thanks for reading.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Fon Johnson said:
Are you SURE it is efflorescence (white and powdery) or could it be moisture coming up in spots where the grout was not entirely dry?

LIKE THIS..... :shock: Sealer was applied...before pavers were cured..... :(

HARPERPIC208.jpg

HARPERPIC210.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom