El Diablo waste tank

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Anybody has one for sale?

My waste tank has developed a leak maybe even two small cracks on the bottom....

Reactions: ronbeatty

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Now that I'm looking....

I see this:

sketch-1444859136621.jpg

I guess I better call them... Since mine is only about 7 years old...

Reactions: Ken Clean

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
To be honest, I'm quite bothered by this: our aluminium tank on another truckmount lasted longer than this stainless tank...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Flexing can cause fatigue cracks in anything. It's all in the design. Some are just better than others. my last tank was aluminum and was a tank. I completely Capped the relief when running duals and sometimes forgot to remove it. Never hurt the tank. No corrosion of any kind inside.

Gene

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Yes, I know I could have just called Jennings....but when I made the first post I was just having an "impulse buy" of throwing it out there to see if anyone had one for sale...And THEN I saw the 10 year warranty thing and thought: I should call them but figured they were already closing shop in Denver.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I'll check it tomorrow....but it is around 2400hrs. Not much at all for a unit at this age.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So ... How many days do you think is reasonable, to get a call back from a manufacturer?

Still waiting.... Jennings hasn't logged on since August and when I first called them, they said he wouldn't be the one to deal with anyways.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Just to update..

Still no call back.

I decided to give them a call again. Talked to the same person, that told me last time that someone would be calling me back. He goes: "I'll take your word for it...but I talk to hundreds of people and I'm backed up for weeks so I don't know if I talked to you, etc etc...." (he did take my name and number last time)

He suggested that I'm wrong on the 10 year warranty idea (see picture above) and it would probably be more like 5 years warranty. And what that means is, I need to take the waste tank somewhere and have it welded. And if they (masterblend) think it's a reasonable cost then they might send the amount back as a reimbursement. He also noted that: "you know, if you gona have your cousin Earnie weld it for 800bucks, that's not gona fly sir"

I'm increasingly agitated by this...

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
By this thread, I don't mean to throw masterblend under the bus...I was just wondering how things would go.

If they just said "no warranty for you, buy a new tank" - would have been more straight up.

Last edited:
Name
Nate W.
Just to update..

Still no call back.

I decided to give them a call again. Talked to the same person, that told me last time that someone would be calling me back. He goes: "I'll take your word for it...but I talk to hundreds of people and I'm backed up for weeks so I don't know if I talked to you, etc etc...." (he did take my name and number last time)

He suggested that I'm wrong on the 10 year warranty idea (see picture above) and it would probably be more like 5 years warranty. And what that means is, I need to take the waste tank somewhere and have it welded. And if they (masterblend) think it's a reasonable cost then they might send the amount back as a reimbursement. He also noted that: "you know, if you gona have your cousin Earnie weld it for 800bucks, that's not gona fly sir"

I'm increasingly agitated by this...

So I take it you don't have a cousin Earnie? :stir:

Reactions: SamIam and ruff

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
WOW...what a dikhED
I'd of ate him for lunch
(I can be outspoken that way)

..L.T.A.

I know...I couldn't believe he said that...

I told him calmly though: " I hope you're not suggesting that I would be doing that.."

And this is when I decided to update on this publicly...

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Zee, Stop talking to the hired help and call Mr Jennings himself. Have you ever had an employee not relay a message?

Ken Clean

Name
Ken Schow
Sorry to hear about your problem. I also have seen their advertisements and guarantees. Zee posted their guarantee as noted above. It appears on the comments I have read on various posts, people are having problems with their waste water tanks...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom