electric sprayer

sdaws4

Does having an electric sprayer speed things up or slow you down? Currently have an inline but trying to be more efficient. Looking at purchasing the one at interlink.

Don’t want to keep machine running during dwell time and pre scrub.
Example: 15 minutes 6 jobs a day is 90 minutes X 300 days a year is 450 hours a year

Or do you just turn it off during this time?

Chris A

Name
Chris
An electirc will slow you down, probably enough to negate any major fuel savings. In the end it comes down to personal preference.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shane,

They are great for Protecters,urine treatments,final step deodorizers & litely soiled carpets.
However, for the NASTIES you are better off with the inline sprayer.
Pre-spray the carpet & shut unit down..during dwell time or aggitation.

Job that has no power...you are still going need your in-line....

I have not had good luck with the battery powered sprayers...

You can buy a lot of pump-up sprayers for $400.00 :idea:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And how does it slow you down?

Looks more professional than dragging in a hydroforce and hosing everything down .

You can switch out jugs to treat pet stains or other types of stains that you couldn't do with a hydroforce.

Takes me two jugs to spray a typical home.

Then go out to the truck and drag in hoses and there is your chemical dwell time.

The Preacher

if you mix your PS in a 5gal container (like your rinse jug) and get a 50-75ft hose made for it you can set your sprayer in one spot and never have to move it.

i have done this for years and it works vwery well. i've never bought he hydrosoaker BS about putting down hot PS being better since it will attain room temp in about a minute!!!

the down side is not having power at an empty or such! :cry:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Walrus said:
And how does it slow you down?

Looks more professional than dragging in a hydroforce and hosing everything down .

You can switch out jugs to treat pet stains or other types of stains that you couldn't do with a hydroforce.

Then go out to the truck and drag in hoses and there is your chemical dwell time.

I was referring to water volume, a HF puts down a hell of a lot more fluid than a 50PSI Shur-Flo or Flo-Jet. I bounce back and forth between the electric and HF, but as long as I'm flying solo I think the HF is a better fit.

G

Go get an $80 hudson 4 gal and use it,cordless are great to spray down a stronger batch without wetting to much and if you have a helper,he can spray without needing the line for a hydroforce.I use both

Chris A

Name
Chris
Kevin P said:
and if you have a helper,he can spray without needing the line for a hydroforce.

I'm strictly talking solo operator here, Hydro-Forces are a complete waste for the two man crew.

G

c_adkins said:
[quote="Kevin P":3pt254ti] and if you have a helper,he can spray without needing the line for a hydroforce.

I'm strictly talking solo operator here, Hydro-Forces are a complete waste for the two man crew.[/quote:3pt254ti]
To each his own,thats my thinking

gary mackay

I'll never go back to a hydroforce but those who go from an electric to a HF say the same thing.

Scott Rogers

Walrus said:

Looks like Jimmy has never used a hydroforce

1. its easy to switchout jugs on a HF
2. 1 jug on a HF = over 9 gallons of juice

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
c_adkins said:
[quote="Jim Martin":3hyb0ep6]if you do it right it will speed you up........

go on...[/quote:3hyb0ep6]

This is what I do........

pre-spray a room or 2 then set up the truck no dragging in hoses and running the equipment just to put down the juice for the first 2 rooms. While you are setting up they can sit there and dwell some.
If there are a few bad areas across the other end of the house that may need a little more time to sit and ferment then I don't have to drag my hose from one end to the other...........Just wheel it over and give it a shot.

Once my hose is set up then I will pre-spray another room or 2 and then start cleaning the first 2. After they are clean then I will go to the next ones I have already sprayed and so one.
.Very rarely put the wand down and never disconnect the solution line.

Get your own program going and you would be surprised at how much easier it is

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'ved owned and used 2 Hydro-soakers and several electrics, both corded and battery.

If you do a lot of average sized empties where you can hose down the whole joint and not worry about pre-spray drying out by the time you get there, the HF is a good choice and more efficient ....when the POS runs right

For res jobs, I think a HF is an albatross..... unless you do lots of 2-3 room traffic lane only resi jobs

If your TM makes hot water, the HF is a straight up POS inefficient donkey if you can't hose hose down the whole joint before you're at cleaning temp.
Cause if you have to stop the wand to pre-spray in the middle of a job, you'll need to bleed off hot water or the POS HF won't draw chem if over 200 degrees

you guys with luke warm sol temp machines might like them, but they're JUNK to us dudes that can make HOT water

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
meAt said:
If your TM makes hot water, the HF is a straight up POS inefficient donkey if you can't hose hose down the whole joint

..L.T.A.

LOFL! I knew you'd be on this topic like stink on a monkey!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
c_adkins said:
meAt said:
If your TM makes hot water, the HF is a straight up POS inefficient donkey if you can't hose hose down the whole joint

..L.T.A.

LOFL! I knew you'd be on this topic like stink on a monkey!

MY chit....er...monkey don't stink... :mrgreen:

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
LeeCory said:
How can a solo operator do 6 jobs a day 300 days a year?

I do it.....most days are 4 to 5 a day and I work 2 Saturdays out of the month.there are some times that I do six and the most I have done is 7......Since day one we started this company we give 1/2 hour arrival times and I have only been late twice.............Once was my fault and the other was not......Just got to stay on top of your game.be very strict with yourself and your company and follow the 6-P rule.........

Get yourself set up a efficient as you can ........get a good program down and it is easier then you think...

The Preacher

Jim Martin said:
LeeCory said:
How can a solo operator do 6 jobs a day 300 days a year?

I do it.....most days are 4 to 5 a day and I work 2 Saturdays out of the month.there are some times that I do six and the most I have done is 7......Since day one we started this company we give 1/2 hour arrival times and I have only been late twice.............Once was my fault and the other was not......Just got to stay on top of your game.be very strict with yourself and your company and follow the 6-P rule.........

Get yourself set up a efficient as you can ........get a good program down and it is easier then you think...

H A C K!!!

do you work alone or do you have a hose puller???

Greenie

6 jobs!

Any furniture?
Tile?

2 good jobs a day, and it's miller time.

or 3 of the Marty house on wheels specials.....but 6?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
H A C K!!!

do you work alone or do you have a hose puller???

I work alone....and for a hack ( if that is what you want to call it ) I do pretty good.......
I average about 4 to 5 new clients a week so I must be hacking something right and I haven't advertised in about 2.5 years...

So what is your 6 P rule?

Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Production

I think he said he was solo about 3 times in this thread

4 if you read between the lines

6 jobs!

Any furniture?
Tile?

I do tile ,and uph when ever needed....most jobs range between 4 to 5 areas..some stairs...

This is not as hard as everyone is making it out to be.......

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Do you preWerner and postDobs?

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

G

Greenie said:
6 jobs!

Any furniture?
Tile?

I think these days its Miller time "all" the time for you :p

As Larry would say"where is my chit"?

wired

Jim if you do 6 jobs a day and it takes you half hour to get to each job thats 3 hrs right there. So what you are saying is that you can vac and clean in one hour each job. I live in calif. and I would fly down just to see you do this. I have friends that live in Scottdale and could stay with them. Let me know I will post the results. Steve

randy

Name
Randy
Kevin P said:
Go get an $80 hudson 4 gal and use it,cordless are great to spray down a stronger batch without wetting to much and if you have a helper,he can spray without needing the line for a hydroforce.I use both

The same unit is put on sale twice a year at Harbor Freight tools for $59
Are they the quality of the industry's best sprayers ? Nope, but when the pump goes, you pop a new one in and keep rolling.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
The same unit is put on sale twice a year at Harbor Freight tools for $59
Are they the quality of the industry's best sprayers ? Nope, but when the pump goes, you pop a new one in and keep rolling.

Damn, just bought one today from northern for 98.00. Not in special in harbor now but still would have saved 20 bucks.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom