Electric Truck Mount

I believe this has been talked about a lot but I did search previous threads and read a lot about electric truck mounts. I just was curious about any updates on them.
To let you know why I’m interested in them is because First, my truckmount is getting really old and will need to replace it soon.

Second, I don’t do very many jobs that I need long hose runs, almost every job I do I only run 100 ft of hose. Sometimes 150 but that’s not real common.

Third, my van is getting up there in years but is still running good so I would love something that I could put in this van and switch out easily when I buy a new van. If I got a new truckmount I would probably need a new van to put it in and I’m really not in a place I could do both right now.

Not to be picky or sound dumb but I thought I’d ask some questions just to see if it would be possible. Im a one man crew so jobs take me a little longer so I don’t want to have to add finding plugs around the house to plug my truckmount in. Would a generator replace having to plug the truck mount in?
How is the heat in those?
I have reels and a fresh water and dump tank, would I be able to use all those with a new electric truckmount.
What got me thinking about electric truckmount was the magic wand jaguar. Looked interesting.

Anyways, sorry if all those questions have been answered before. I did search previous post and just wanted to see if the electric truck mounts of today would be an option for me. As far as ease of set up and use but not give up a lot of performance.

FYI I run a blue line champ and replaced the kholer engine a couple years ago and have a 25hp engine in it.
I like it and it does well for me. Just a lot of things starting to go wrong now.

Thanks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I believe this has been talked about a lot but I did search previous threads and read a lot about electric truck mounts. I just was curious about any updates on them.
To let you know why I’m interested in them is because First, my truckmount is getting really old and will need to replace it soon.

Second, I don’t do very many jobs that I need long hose runs, almost every job I do I only run 100 ft of hose. Sometimes 150 but that’s not real common.

Third, my van is getting up there in years but is still running good so I would love something that I could put in this van and switch out easily when I buy a new van. If I got a new truckmount I would probably need a new van to put it in and I’m really not in a place I could do both right now.

Not to be picky or sound dumb but I thought I’d ask some questions just to see if it would be possible. Im a one man crew so jobs take me a little longer so I don’t want to have to add finding plugs around the house to plug my truckmount in. Would a generator replace having to plug the truck mount in?
How is the heat in those?
I have reels and a fresh water and dump tank, would I be able to use all those with a new electric truckmount.
What got me thinking about electric truckmount was the magic wand jaguar. Looked interesting.

Anyways, sorry if all those questions have been answered before. I did search previous post and just wanted to see if the electric truck mounts of today would be an option for me. As far as ease of set up and use but not give up a lot of performance.

FYI I run a blue line champ and replaced the kholer engine a couple years ago and have a 25hp engine in it.
I like it and it does well for me. Just a lot of things starting to go wrong now.

Thanks.
You might be further ahead to fix and repair your current TM. Cost wise, you have to purchase an etm. Then a heating system, because etm's don't make any heat. You have to install the propane heater properly as well as the propane belly tank. If you are going to run it on a generator, you have to purchase the right size and decide if you want to use the existing gas tank or a remote tank or your vans fuel tank. While it can and has been done, it won't perform as well as your current tm and unless you're handy, it will cost you for the installation

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I think the only thing that would remotely do what you’re used to is Hydramasters Xdrive. Of course, now you’re back to the expense you say you’re not ready for. If you’re not into #andidontblameyou, looking for plugs,
an ETM is not the answer. I have a Bane which mine is one plug, but I can’t imagine using it in a residential setting day in and day out, though obviously
people do. It would be extremely hard to get used to.

JohnHawkP

Name
John Paton
Have you priced generators that can power an electric truck mount?

You might get a shock as to how expensive they are. You need a generator rated at least 2 and a half times the maximum power required.

What brand is your current truck mount?

Ignore Soopers comment as he is being naughty.

😎

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm just gonna be blunt about this. When you buy a generator and a propane heater, it's no longer an electric truckmount. It's a very inefficient, space wasted, weaker gas truckmount. There's idiots doing this all over "the other forum" and it's just not clicking up there in the head. Something's wrong with that bunch. It must be the prespray they're inhaling, I don't know.

Use the money to overhaul your blue line. Really...how hard can it be? Just get a rebuild kit for your water pump, replace your thermal relief valves, replace all the hoses, etc. Maybe a $1500 overhaul expense, I don't know. It's allot cheaper than buying what you're talking about.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
I have a Bane which mine is one plug, but I can’t imagine using it in a residential setting day in and day out, though obviously

Great comment, however, things have changed, Big-Time in regards to the power and performance of a ETM. I know this because I used to have a KARPET STEEM unit back in 1971. (Later sold under the label of "Bane Clean") Although in its time, it was a nice unit, built like the iron lung, but with some problems of airflow/extraction. You might be surprised with the right ETM and what it can do.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
From what I’ve noticed you make about as good a machine out there. My point about the Bane is to say I’m experienced with some sort of electric truckmount. And I still use it in appropriate application. However, I wouldn’t want to digress back to it daily in a residential application or any other for the reasons mentioned above. IMHO.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
By the way, I do use the little giant with my Bane, and it’s great. It’s on the Dollie, so I can roll them both around. But it’s still no truckmount. But it’s for second level and above cleaning, or where my truckmount can go, and I don’t want to use scampoo.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
ETMs are a waste of time. The only way I would ever run one is if I was in a small town market with a very light part time work load.

productivity is no where near a gas machine, if it is then your probably running a generator and propane so its not even an ETM anymore but just a weak TM.

I ran an ETM for 5yrs full time, all day every day. IT sucked.

Good stuff. I appreciate the reply’s
Well, Except that sooper hero guy. But I get it, It’s funny to try and be the tough funny guy online. Seems to me that just answering the question like you did the last time would have worked just as well. Like I said, I had searched threads about electric truckmount but I wanted to see if there has been any new updates, specifically on the one I mentioned. But I get it, had to get that little giggle by being a pathetic online clown. Good stuff.

My truckmount is 13 yrs old. I have done a lot of repairing to it. Lol. Just looking at what would be the next truckmount.

Thanks though.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
I would just overhaul your TM and simplify it. Judson I believe has some videos on taking older TMs down to bare bones - engine, blower, pump, removing HX if its rusted and leaking and adding a propane heater.

could be an option but idk what condition everything is in. craigslist TMs can be an option too if u can do repairs.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Brody, I do hope I helped some, without being offensive. It seems the Jaguar is pretty strong from videos only. But you’re back to the cord issue that you mentioned that you wouldn’t want to do. Like I said, my Bane is one corded, but even that sucks in residential. But, who cares what anyone thinks, you be you, and much success to you.

Reactions: Brody Robert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Well, Except that sooper hero guy. But I get it, It’s funny to try and be the tough funny guy online

whatever....:icon_rolleyes:

in case you missed it on the thread I link'd
here's a repeat

Brody, straight up now
if you've been using a gas TM for years that's capable of spinning a 36 size blower 3000 rpm @12 HG .... you'll hate plasticboxes and porty vacs ...fo-reel

LARRY YOU PATHETIC ONLINE KLOWN!

James, you ever seen two old guys fight?
It's pretty ridiculous looking
so I'll hire some local methhED punk to smash your banana bike

before

f94642dba17240c5a74dae615f61e533--beach-cruiser-bicycles-cruiser-bikes.jpg

after

bike-maintenance-clip250w.gif

lta

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Well, Except that sooper hero guy. But I get it, It’s funny to try and be the tough funny guy online. Seems to me that just answering the question like you did the last time would have worked just as well. Like I said, I had searched threads about electric truckmount but I wanted to see if there has been any new updates, specifically on the one I mentioned. But I get it, had to get that little giggle by being a pathetic online clown. Good stuff.

My truckmount is 13 yrs old. I have done a lot of repairing to it. Lol. Just looking at what would be the next truckmount.

Thanks though.
Having a 13year old truckmount tells me that you don't have a monthly payment. Cudos to you bro. Keep that tm as long as you can. Monthly payments aren't fun. Fix that Blueline up and keep up that profit margin

Reactions: Cleanworks
F

FB7777

Thanks though.
There is an enormous amount of experience on this board regarding this issue

DO NOT under any circumstance buy an ETM!

You will regret it and be seeking and tweeking for more power and efficiency long before the first vac motor craps out

The solid advice here is repairing your existing unit if you are cash strapped

Then invest your money in getting sufficient work so you can afford to UPGRADE YOUR PRESENT UNIT

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
how much is this TCS TM????

TCS-BRAVE-02-768x769.jpg

and how much will a plastibox porty vac in van cost with a big enough GAS generator and heater??

bet it's not all that much less than a more powerful Little Injun ...and WAY smaller package to boot

..L.T.A.

Brody, I do hope I helped some, without being offensive. It seems the Jaguar is pretty strong from videos only. But you’re back to the cord issue that you mentioned that you wouldn’t want to do. Like I said, my Bane is one corded, but even that sucks in residential. But, who cares what anyone thinks, you be you, and much success to you.

You’ve been amazing help. I’m sorry I didn’t thank you by name. I really am grateful for all the comments. I am not going get an ETM. I’m lucky enough to have a couple buddies that help me fix her up several times and it’s a pita to work on.

What about very simple easy to work on truckmounts? I heard some people say some good things about Cobbs teuckmounts.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
What I liked about the ETM was being able to use it in the van now and easily transfer it to another van when mine goes. I would imagine even a small truckmount would be a big hassle to do that. I’d probably have to have the local interlink guys do that and their labor charges are a little steep.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Not being an "Online Clown" like someone we won't mention...LARRY!

You've used that machine for 13 years and can't afford a new one or payments on a new one. Maybe it's time for some serious evaluation of where your business is and what can/should be expected as a return from it.

Owner/OP isn't for everyone. Perhaps you would be better off as an employee?

Are you charging enough to make reasonable profit? If so, are you saving enough back for tm replacement? No matter what brand, TM's have a life expectancy. You did good to nurse 13 years out of yours.

Personally if I were looking at low investment but still need enough power and vacuum for the average I'd look at a Rage. Stay FAR away from electric or gas powered electric. 🙄

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not being an "Online Clown" like someone we won't mention...LARRY!

You've used that machine for 13 years and can't afford a new one or payments on a new one. Maybe it's time for some serious evaluation of where your business is and what can/should be expected as a return from it.

Owner/OP isn't for everyone. Perhaps you would be better off as an employee?

Are you charging enough to make reasonable profit? If so, are you saving enough back for tm replacement? No matter what brand, TM's have a life expectancy. You did good to nurse 13 years out of yours.

Personally if I were looking at low investment but still need enough power and vacuum for the average I'd look at a Rage. Stay FAR away from electric or gas powered electric. 🙄
are you hiring?

Reactions: Desk Jockey

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I'm just gonna be blunt about this. When you buy a generator and a propane heater, it's no longer an electric truckmount. It's a very inefficient, space wasted, weaker gas truckmount. There's idiots doing this all over "the other forum" and it's just not clicking up there in the head. Something's wrong with that bunch. It must be the prespray they're inhaling, I don't know.

thats why i basically stopped following them. It looks ridiculous and waste of money.

Perfectly fine to plug it into the house. I have no need for generator or a gas heater.

I haven't tripped the breaker for the past year..one in garage and one closest to me to plug it, no problem.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
. I would imagine even a small truckmount would be a big hassle to do that

can you drill holes without drilling thru lines and fuel tank?
Know a friend with an engine hoist/cherry picker?
(they're $179 bukz at Harbor Freight) if you want to buy one

maybe you have no mechanical aptitude..ain't no shame in that.
But it's really not all that big a deal to pull a TM and put into another van

if moving a TM from one van to another is the main reason you're were considering a porty in a van, you'll be sorry you made that choice
I'll guarantee it

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom