Electric Truck Mount

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Instead of an expensive porty, contact Kasey at Relia-Built TM. His machines are extremely well built, he answers the phone everytime you call him with any questions.

We have been running one of his machines on one of our trucks for about 4 years now, its absolutely bulletproof. 45 Blower, 25hp, no HX we use a little giant heater but he makes nice HX machines as well. Price is well under 10k.

or buy an expensive porty for 4k and youll be trying to justify its power until u get a TM

Name
jack zerkie
I know you don't want to hear my opinion so I won't tell you.
Yes I do I'm open for what I'm missing never to old to learn. In the early 80s I used a 175 roto and a R2D2 Hover 15 gal porty I surubbed everything and extracted with the porty. Then my first slide inn was a white magic and wow what a improvement. I just couldn't do the Host or other dry methods and up until now I haven't found a better method. BUT I'm willing to learn.jz

Not being an "Online Clown" like someone we won't mention...LARRY!

You've used that machine for 13 years and can't afford a new one or payments on a new one. Maybe it's time for some serious evaluation of where your business is and what can/should be expected as a return from it.

Owner/OP isn't for everyone. Perhaps you would be better off as an employee?

Are you charging enough to make reasonable profit? If so, are you saving enough back for tm replacement? No matter what brand, TM's have a life expectancy. You did good to nurse 13 years out of yours.

Personally if I were looking at low investment but still need enough power and vacuum for the average I'd look at a Rage. Stay FAR away from electric or gas powered electric. 🙄

Dude, you don’t know anything about me Or what’s been going on with me Bro. I didn’t ask for your low jabs you prick. I was just curious about ETM’s. Ok? Keep your life advice to yourself. I don’t need it. You don’t like ETM’s. Ok that’s all I wanted to know. Thanks. Go pretend you are a great business leader and have a perfect life on some one else’s thread. But seriously jack @$$, if I need life and business advice I’ll look you up.

Not being an "Online Clown" like someone we won't mention...LARRY!

You've used that machine for 13 years and can't afford a new one or payments on a new one. Maybe it's time for some serious evaluation of where your business is and what can/should be expected as a return from it.

Owner/OP isn't for everyone. Perhaps you would be better off as an employee?

Are you charging enough to make reasonable profit? If so, are you saving enough back for tm replacement? No matter what brand, TM's have a life expectancy. You did good to nurse 13 years out of yours.

Personally if I were looking at low investment but still need enough power and vacuum for the average I'd look at a Rage. Stay FAR away from electric or gas powered electric. 🙄

Dude, you don’t know anything about me Or what’s been going on with me Bro. I didn’t ask for your low jabs you prick. I was just curious about ETM’s. Ok? Keep your life advice to yourself. I don’t need it. You don’t like ETM’s. Ok that’s all I wanted to know. Thanks. Go pretend you are a great business leader and have a perfect life on some one else’s thread. But seriously jack @$$, if I need life and business advice I’ll look you up.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm not your bro. Maybe a prick at times.

Not giving advice just suggesting you do some self evaluation. This business isn't for everyone. You have to be self motivated and driven. Not only know how to clean but how to market yourself and yes make good business decisions.

Don't buy an ETM. Been there done that. It's a mistake.

I'm not your bro. Maybe a prick at times.

Not giving advice just suggesting you do some self evaluation. This business isn't for everyone. You have to be self motivated and driven. Not only know how to clean but how to market yourself and yes make good business decisions.

Don't buy an ETM. Been there done that. It's a mistake.

You have a problem with me calling you bro? Well good cuz I have a problem with you giving out advice that wasn’t called for Bro. Is this hard for you to understand Bro? I get it you don’t like ETMs now move along Bro. You don’t need to tell me to self evaluate like you come from a higher place than me. You need to answer the question or don’t. Answer the question then move along. Why is it so important for people like you to sound like you have life figured out. Bro... move along.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

FredC

Village Idiot
a higher place .

You mean experience?

Anyway I certainly don't have life or money figured out but.........

It is reasonable to wonder why if you have worn your current truckmount out you don't have money for the next one. Whatever that reason is (pricing, marketing, family shit, whatever) do you want it forcing you into your next purchase? One that may put you even further away from a better setup?

Is this part of a well thought out plan to be in a better place in a couple years?

You can call me bro.....I don't mind

FredC

Village Idiot
Not me I'm no Bro.
yeah..........
bro.jpg

[CHARGE=]
You mean experience?

Anyway I certainly don't have life or money figured out but.........

It is reasonable to wonder why if you have worn your current truckmount out you don't have money for the next one. Whatever that reason is (pricing, marketing, family shit, whatever) do you want it forcing you into your next purchase? One that may put you even further away from a better setup?

Is this part of a well thought out plan to be in a better place in a couple years?

You can call me bro.....I don't mind

Holy crap. It’s like little online boys wanting to feel good about their lives so they offer unneeeded advice. Seriously I wish you guys would be men enough to say these things to me. Look at my profile and come see me and offer these little tidbits. Buuuut of course you won’t or wouldn’t say these things if we were in the same room. So instead of calling you Bro’s I’ll just call you cowards. Is that ok also? Cowards? Haha. I love little cowards like you. But keep giving unwanted advice about life behind your little computers. Haha. You’re right. This thread has kind of cheered me up as well. Good stuff. Still confused why you all are still talking though.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
[CHARGE=]

Holy crap. It’s like little online boys wanting to feel good about their lives so they offer unneeeded advice. Seriously I wish you guys would be men enough to say these things to me. Look at my profile and come see me and offer these little tidbits. Buuuut of course you won’t or wouldn’t say these things if we were in the same room. So instead of calling you Bro’s I’ll just call you cowards. Is that ok also? Cowards? Haha. I love little cowards like you. But keep giving unwanted advice about life behind your little computers. Haha. You’re right. This thread has kind of cheered me up as well. Good stuff. Still confused why you all are still talking though.
You asked for advice, now you got it. Maybe more than you wanted. You don't need someones advice, disregard it. No need to get your panties in a twist and insult people who were trying to help you.

Here I’ll just play you’re little game so you can get off me....
Actually I was just wanting to know about an ETM to put in my fleet of 14 trucks. Because I’ve been just doing invoices and kicking ass!! Just another 13 hr day CHA CHING!! Life hasn’t been hard on me these last two years with two kids in therapy, one of them who’s losing his vision at 7 yrs old and my wife in bed rest. I’m just needing a 15th vehicle!! I charge 1.50 a sq ft and that’s with the half off coupon!!
Now can you just friggin answer my damn question and move along. Either that or come have a sit down with me at my local starbucks. I’m doing all that I can to stay freaking sane my bros and I come here for advice on things that I ask. Not for some fake b!tche$ to tell me to go be a freaking employee cuz I suck at money.
Im Probably gonna end up getting banned from here which sucks cuz I really do appreciate the good advice people give. I just can’t take getting poked right now.

You asked for advice, now you got it. Maybe more than you wanted. You don't need someones advice, disregard it. No need to get your panties in a twist and insult people who were trying to help you.

Listen douche I didn’t ask for your advice on life. I asked about an ETM. Give your advice and move along. Why is this hard for you? My gosh man. Why is this hard for you??

Alright. Well I know a lot people are gonna get on here tomorrow and give me a hard time cuz I’m being all pissy and stuff and I get it. So laugh it up cuz I won’t be back to see it.
To everyone who has helped me I appreciate it more than you know. Thank you.
The rest of you y’all can kiss my ass tough guys.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Does anyone use the Mytee ETM? I played with it at ICE a few years ago and it had me scratching my head. The hot water ran through the van radiator. So whats the point? The van engine needs to be running to heat the water and make power to run the electric motors. It just seems like an idea not good for carpet cleaning. Might as well get a gas powered TM at that point.

Then there was the Velocity line that seemed to have failed.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Listen douche I didn’t ask for your advice on life. I asked about an ETM. Give your advice and move along. Why is this hard for you? My gosh man. Why is this hard for you??
Yeah, I agree with Richard. You're not cut out to run your own business. Too thin skinned to deal with customers who might want their carpets cleaned with a working truck mount instead of a cobbled together thing a jig that that looks like a farmer put it together. Maybe you could get a job as a night janitor working alone so you can concentrate on scrubbing toilets or something.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Excuse the guys for their bluntness. They had the original mindset that you were an Owner/operator from your original post. "Im a one man crew" So if Having 14 vans...that seems to be evident that he knows how to run a business. But if you have that much cash flow coming in, then buying a 15th van setup should be a no brainer. And with your experience of how much carpet 14 vans can clean, I have no idea why you're even considering going electric.

But, you've got the info now. Let us know what you do with your current tm. I might buy it from you if you trash it. Let me know

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Agitation and a strong Porty can get the job done. While it may not be as efficient as a truckmount, Brody said - he's a one man crew so he's OK if jobs take me a little longer. A rock solid Porty, along with a CRB or a rotary for pre-scrubbing, could be a cost effective approach. A couple of grand can purchase a good Porty https://www.excellent-supply.com/TruckPort-500-psi-HEATED-Extractor_p_345.html

FredC

Village Idiot
[CHARGE=]

Nobody wants to go to fn Arkansas to slap some idiot around......or really any other reason I can think of...........

Another fn idiot that must travel with a bunch of ninjas or something.

gotta be careful playing that role though.....there are people around that just don't gaf

I don't think I've ever said anything on this forum that I wouldn't say to your or anyone else face. Hell....this was friendly

anyway....like Larry said
https://mikeysboard.com/threads/electric-truck-mount.290352/page-3#post-4600002

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
but if anybody does want to go...

Code:
https://www.facebook.com/nick.petersen.986

https://www.facebook.com/celestialcarpetcleaning/?rf=1613962685556315

I didn't see a website 💡

rick imby

Name
Rick
I'm just gonna be blunt about this. When you buy a generator and a propane heater, it's no longer an electric truckmount. It's a very inefficient, space wasted, weaker gas truckmount. There's idiots doing this all over "the other forum" and it's just not clicking up there in the head. Something's wrong with that bunch. It must be the prespray they're inhaling, I don't know.

Use the money to overhaul your blue line. Really...how hard can it be? Just get a rebuild kit for your water pump, replace your thermal relief valves, replace all the hoses, etc. Maybe a $1500 overhaul expense, I don't know. It's allot cheaper than buying what you're talking about.

This Woodhead makes a lot of sense.....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom