Electric Truckmount Mytee

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
Sky, our Judson TNT burns 1.5 gallons of propane per hour of use at full rpm and propane heater at full blast. The heater is a #4 little giant high pressure unit.

Ive ran this machine for about 5.5 years, very heavy use.. its a workhorse. Maintenance is very minimal... basic oil changes, blower oil changes, pump oil changes.

Trust me dont go the ETM route, it sucks and your production rates will suffer while spending almost as much as a decent gas machine. I have an ETM sitting in the shop, ill never install it in another truck... ran that thing for 5 years and it was a pain in the ass.

This ETM had smoking hot propane heat the escape is just a portable that sits in your truck with a bigger waste tank.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The time wasted in setup alone is reason not to go electric. Lets say it takes you 10 extra minutes per job. 5-minutes setup, 5-minutes tear down.

Then let’s say you do 5 jobs a day (some do more, some do less) that’s 50 minutes a day.

50 minutes x 5 days a week= 250 minutes

250 x 56 weeks =14000 minutes

1400 divide by 60=233.33 hours

233.33 divided by 24=9.72 days

9.72 days of wasted time

How much do you make in a day of cleaning? $600.00- $800.00? X 9.72 days

You’ll pretty much pay for your TM in just a few of years of savings over an electric tm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sky

Name
Sky L.
The time to set up with the ETM is the exact same as using a Gas powered TM if one has a generator. Literally flip the switch, hook up to clients water, take in high pressure hose, vac and go. I don't see where one is taking extra time to hook up. Again, if you are using a generator.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The time to set up with the ETM is the exact same as using a Gas powered TM if one has a generator. Literally flip the switch, hook up to clients water, take in high pressure hose, vac and go. I don't see where one is taking extra time to hook up. Again, if you are using a generator.
The main difference is in the power, no amount of electric vacuum motors is going to give you the same punch as even a 36 blower will give you. With the etm, you will limited to 150 ft and under. When you add all the components together, the etm isn't too far off the price of a good TM. There are entry levels going for $12,000 aprox that will out perform the etm. Not saying you can't do it and do good work with it, just saying for a few dollars more......

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Valid points. clean works how many hours does a TM run on gas VS 8 to 10 hrs on a generator? Some Generators for 10-12hrs depending on the wattage

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Valid points. clean works how many hours does a TM run on gas VS 8 to 10 hrs on a generator? Some Generators for 10-12hrs depending on the wattage
My Honda machine will run 7.5 hours on a 9 gallon tank. I usually don't have many jobs that go past 5-6 hours.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I pull up and we are cleaning in five minutes. No hooking up to customers' water or power. No drama, no motors to start, nothing to light.

No comparison to any etm. A salesman who says their etm is equivalent to TM with a #3 blower will lie about other things too.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you had a serious need to use a big portable in a high rise or secured area and sometimes wanted to leave it running from a truck I could get behind your system. Planning on always leaving it the truck and powering it with a generator, not so much. That system has been tried before, even by some on this board, and I've never heard of anyone wishing they could go back to their electric set-up.

Why you're getting so much flak is because people are trying to help you move past worrying about things like the cost of fuel. You'll find that saving time is most important, so using good (maybe expensive) chemicals or equipment is worth the time saved in cleaning or repairing that equipment.

You seem pretty committed to the portable in a truck system though, so good luck and keep us updated on how it's going. Could be you're the one that gets it figured out.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you're using a generator, It's no longer electric powered. You're back to a gas powered system...with a hitch.

Look at a Rage or 370. Either will give you the heat & vacuum power to produce superior results compared to a ETM.

Where are you getting your heat from?

Reactions: Jimmy L

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Mr. Sky, I see that you're in Los Angeles. From what I've seen over the years on the used truckmount for sale websites, you could get an awesome setup for your budget. There's a ton of good, used truckmounts in your area that doesn't have to be shipped all across the country. You could get an awesome refurbished prochem legend with a size 4 blower in your budget with no problem

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just keep in mind that the people you're talking to have used more different types of portables than you realize, and they have several truckmounts. You're getting the best knowledge that's out there for our industry.

And when they Do have to use a portable...they're bringing it in the building, because they know it best performs when it's 50ft closer to the wand

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sky, I see you've been listening to all the hoo-haw from the sellers of glorified portys

you should be talking to the guys that bought them as a primary unit and have at least 1000 hours on them
Better yet, find owners that bought a second one when time to replace/retire the first one

they'll be more rare than unicorns

a 20-25 hp engine will use appx 1.2 GPM
a 12-15hp generator engine will use appx .9 gpm under load

you aren't saving much.
if you're going to run a gas generator, may as well use that gas engine to drive a pump and blower
and use the exhaust to heat the water

it's just much more efficient all the way around the block .
PLUS...it's more powerful and takes up less space

with regular normal maintenance (oil and filter changes) it's not uncommon to get 3000 hours out of an air cooled engine (the major component that generally goes first)
Blowers commonly go twice that many hours and more .
Don't run the pump dry, and they last a good long time too

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For example, I ran my cds today for 5 hours exactly, not including driving time which was about an hour. I used up 1/3 of my gas tank. Takes me $120 to fill up, so I used maybe $40. Made $1,050.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I bought one against all advice here and with my friends. I had been using a worn out TM that I was constantly working on. I figured the ETM would be easy to work on when something went wrong.
Sure enough, 9 hours on the machine and stuff started breaking. I couldn’t go two weeks without something breaking. I ran like that for a year. Worst year of my life.
If you want advice from someone that owned one, then I say finance a Rage and you will be happy for years.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
So Cleanworks, sooper hero and Charlie. I have recently been offered a HydraMaster 318 for 13k and a Prochem Blazer for 13,500. The HydraMaster will cost me less when considering the shops install fees and what not. Hose run? Heat? Longevity? Which provides best in your opinion? I’m leaning toward HydraMaster only because I know owner of shop and a little less to install.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So Cleanworks, sooper hero and Charlie. I have recently been offered a HydraMaster 318 for 13k and a Prochem Blazer for 13,500. The HydraMaster will cost me less when considering the shops install fees and what not. Hose run? Heat? Longevity? Which provides best in your opinion? I’m leaning toward HydraMaster only because I know owner of shop and a little less to install.
If they are the latest machines, I would lean towards the hydramaster. The new 318 has a clutch and can be used for water extraction only if you do any flood work. Other than that both will perform similarly. If you have a good relationship with a shop owner, maybe that's the way to go. Either one will give you better performance than an etm.

Sky

Name
Sky L.
Both are the latest and brand new units. Is the heat sustainability the same for both units?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Both are the latest and brand new units. Is the heat sustainability the same for both units?
Neither one is going to give you huge heat but should give you enough to clean residential carpet well. I think both will be fairly similar. If I am not mistaken, the Blazer is going to or already is discontinued. You want to take a look at what comes with each unit. Look for a larger waste tank, premium wand, extra hoses, additional tools etc. I really don't think you can go wrong with either one. Look at who is going to service it for you. Either machine will be a good choice for a first tm. Both should be reliable with regular maintenance.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I love Hydramaster. But...the 318, I think is less power than the Ss rage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom