Electric Truckmount Project

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
Finally getting around to building an electric truckmount.

Four 3 stage lamb vacs connected to a 55 litre polypropylene rotomoulded recovery tank configured as 2x2 in series units.
1x auto shutoff switch on the recovery tank
1 x auto pump out (capacity 4000 litres ph)
300 psi solution pump
1 x 2.8kw inline water heater producing c.200 deg heat at the wand
1 x 60 litre polypropylene water tank with chemical metering and demand intake (float valve) so it can be connected to a tap with no overflow risk.
2 in vacuum hose
power draw is projected at 16 amps (220 V supply)

Unit foot print approx 14in x 25 x 25.

As my work is mainly residential I'd happily stick as a porty guy but i want more vacuum, plus... I wanna build one.

Any insights, or tips /suggestions would be welcome cos i know ive forgot a shit load.
And Cu..no, its not goin in a ****in Connect in dublin.

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Welcome Tom.

If we could get Brevik to pull his thumb out he could give you a tip or two

Mytee Jon and Larry Cobb may have some suggestions as well.

Reactions: FB7777

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you go with propane heat. You get better instant heat and you can get your amp draw under 15 so you don't blow fuses.( I don't know how hard it is to find 220 in Ireland, I is a pain here.)
I would suggest going with a 500 lb pump. 300 is not enough. If it is a demand pump they work on back pressure and you get some pressure drop when you hit the trigger.You have to dial in your jets to keep the pressure up. I keep my regulator at 600 lb and I get great pressure.

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
If you go with propane heat. You get better instant heat and you can get your amp draw under 15 so you don't blow fuses.( I don't know how hard it is to find 220 in Ireland, I is a pain here.)
I would suggest going with a 500 lb pump. 300 is not enough. If it is a demand pump they work on back pressure and you get some pressure drop when you hit the trigger.You have to dial in your jets to keep the pressure up. I keep my regulator at 600 lb and I get great pressure.

The beauty of it is that we operate on 220 volts here , so the ampage draw is not really a big issue. Almost all dwellings have an outlet rated for up to 25 amps, and while I do agree the propane heat would be preferable in ways, having the whole setup electric will keep the overhead to an absolute minimum.

The bigger pump is probably a good idea longer term when i finally get myself a decent 4 jet wand, the only wand I have at the moment is a prochem two jet job which is currently paying for this project (slowly haha) .

Longer term I'll be getting a CMP 12in 4 jet wand .

I could definitely use help with the whole jet size/ flow rate thing, im clueless on working that out.

I hear ya about the whole hunt for 220v in the states, lived there for a while and never ever could figger out a sensible reason for the lower voltage..unless theres some fetish for stickin fingers in sockets i hadnt heard about????

Thanks for the input Royal man.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
How the voltage differs around the world stuffs me.

Although we have 240 @ 50Hz, most of our plugs are rated at 10amps.

Occasionally you may find a 15amp plug in the wet area or garage, but not in condo's, apartments, etc;

So although we may have a higher voltage, we can still blow fuses/circuit breakers as these are usually rated at 10amps, and many times there is a maximum of 2 for a whole house & often only 1. :mad:

Good luck with your project Tom.

Reactions: TomV

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
There is no way that would draw 16 amps. Just the 2.8kw heater will draw over 12 amps at 220v.

Correct, when i calculated the load first it was with a different heater, I never changed the ratings just copied the original specs i drew up and popped in the other heater.
Thanks for reminding me.

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
How the voltage differs around the world stuffs me.

Although we have 240 @ 50Hz, most of our plugs are rated at 10amps.

Occasionally you may find a 15amp plug in the wet area or garage, but not in condo's, apartments, etc;

So although we may have a higher voltage, we can still blow fuses/circuit breakers as these are usually rated at 10amps, and many times there is a maximum of 2 for a whole house & often only 1. :mad:

Good luck with your project Tom.

Jesus wept! 10 amps and 2 breakers... over here theres usually 4 16amp circuits and a 25 amp (the 25 is on the cooker circuit)

Name
I'm Rick James
The beauty of it is that we operate on 220 volts here , so the ampage draw is not really a big issue. Almost all dwellings have an outlet rated for up to 25 amps, and while I do agree the propane heat would be preferable in ways, having the whole setup electric will keep the overhead to an absolute minimum.

The bigger pump is probably a good idea longer term when i finally get myself a decent 4 jet wand, the only wand I have at the moment is a prochem two jet job which is currently paying for this project (slowly haha) .

Longer term I'll be getting a CMP 12in 4 jet wand .

I could definitely use help with the whole jet size/ flow rate thing, im clueless on working that out.

I hear ya about the whole hunt for 220v in the states, lived there for a while and never ever could figger out a sensible reason for the lower voltage..unless theres some fetish for stickin fingers in sockets i hadnt heard about????

Thanks for the input Royal man.

You should raise your prices so you can go with the operational cost of owning a propane heater..

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Finally getting around to building an electric truckmount.

Four 3 stage lamb vacs connected to a 55 litre polypropylene rotomoulded recovery tank configured as 2x2 in series units.
1x auto shutoff switch on the recovery tank
1 x auto pump out (capacity 4000 litres ph)
300 psi solution pump
1 x 2.8kw inline water heater producing c.200 deg heat at the wand
1 x 60 litre polypropylene water tank with chemical metering and demand intake (float valve) so it can be connected to a tap with no overflow risk.
2 in vacuum hose
power draw is projected at 16 amps (220 V supply)

Unit foot print approx 14in x 25 x 25.

As my work is mainly residential I'd happily stick as a porty guy but i want more vacuum, plus... I wanna build one.

Any insights, or tips /suggestions would be welcome cos i know ive forgot a shit load.
And Cu..no, its not goin in a ****in Connect in dublin.
Just a suggestion.If you want to make an electric TM work try putting all your available power into the pump and vac's.Get rid of the heat and replace it with better chemistry. It has worked for Tide and Sunlight laundry detergent companies. Or you can change the process for water extraction such as pre scrub with a cleaning agent that will do all the work then cold water extract.I see no reason why you could not consistently get as good of results than the existing equipment on the market.

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
Just a suggestion.If you want to make an electric TM work try putting all your available power into the pump and vac's.Get rid of the heat and replace it with better chemistry. It has worked for Tide and Sunlight laundry detergent companies. Or you can change the process for water extraction such as pre scrub with a cleaning agent that will do all the work then cold water extract.I see no reason why you could not consistently get as good of results than the existing equipment on the market.

I'm open to ideas, what chems do you suggest?

TomV

Name
Thomas Valentine
You should raise your prices so you can go with the operational cost of owning a propane heater..

At the present time here, taxes are thru the roof, gas is over $2 a litre (almost 10 bucks a gallon) economy is in the crapper and with everyone, every penny is a prisoner, higher prices wont help me expand a customer base imho..quality work with good value will.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom