Embarrassed By A Customer....

R

R W

Was cleaning a printed off white cotton couch today, and after testing it for bleeding, I cleaned it, and cleaned it well, except for a small stain on one of the cushions. I tried what available spotters I had on the van that day, and I had no oxidizers or peroxide, or reducers with me. It was probably tea or hot chocolate, and I didn't want her spot to become my spot, because she said she didn't know it was there. Her grandkids must have spilled and hid the spot.

Well, I went on to finish up other upholstery in the house, and started to smell Clorox bleach. Customer came beaming into the room with the cushion, and stated that she had got the stain out with Clorox bleach on a rag....which she did! I warned her not to set it down on any carpets or on the couch itself until it dried. I will call her tomorrow to see how big a hole was in the cushion after setting a night. Or.....

maybe I'll start carrying Clorox on the truck!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
You know, she can beam all she wants.. she owns it and you don't.. that is the important thing! If there is a hole, its her hole! I'd be darn proud of her, and give her due credit while enjoying your fare paying wage! :mrgreen:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I had a lady call today to book a job for a sectional, a sofa, a large chair and ottoman. I told her $250. She says fine, see you next week. Then she calls back to cancel because the price was way too high. She is going to borrow her friends steamer and do it herself.I'm thinking about asking her if I can give a free demo while she tries another piece. Think it's worth it? I'm getting kinda slow now. On the bleach thing, I would have rinsed it out for her. It might stop the destruction.

Able 1

Name
Keith
I would... That is a damn good price you gave her though. I really don't think she knows how much work it's going to be, and probably won't be happy with her cleaning results.

DevilDog

You can use an extremely diluted version of Chlorox with reasonable safety on most pieces...but still NOT a good idea.

Sometimes people get really lucky doing really dumb things....this might be the case.

Although I hate to have bad things happen to people...I sorta hope there is a hole in that piece tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom