Emergency Cards- contingency call plan

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was thinking of handing these out to facilities managers as we are out marketing as a fail safe. Just in case something would breakdown in our system of handling emergency calls they can contact Dan or I or a wdr supervisor. I was thinking business card size but in plastic or plastic coated so they can be put in a wallet.

What do you think? Am I over estimating that a manager would carry the card? Should it be bigger and forget about the wallet? Or should there be two one small enough for the wallet and one slightly larger for the desk or wall?

ContingencyCallPlan.jpg

It would suck if we market and market and then have a breakdown in handling or slow response in returning a call.

People panic when the water is rising, minutes seem like hours when you're waiting unsure of someone returning a call. I can afford to lose a residential call, it would piss me off but I can afford it. A commercial loss we cannot afford to lose, those big losses are a priority call.

What do you think?

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Beldar Conehead said:
Or should there be two one small enough for the wallet and one slightly larger for the desk or wall?
I vote for the last option, Richard. You can't have too many redundant contact systems. Get one big commercial loss per year based on a card like this and you'll pay for this entire marketing campaign.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Maybe it is just my tired old eyes but shouldn't you have a big "Flooded?" or "Water damage?" prominently printed on the card? I get the water photo and maybe the Chavez name has such huge name recognition in the Topeka area it doesn't matter but still...

One more suggestion, Richard, would be to take your own name and number off the card. Late night cell phone calls will play havoc with your internet time and/or love life. Let Big Dan take care of this stuff.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's what I was thinking, we don't have many glitches but I sure don't want to miss a large loss.

I found a suitable replacement and took myself off on call as you mentioned! would the real rob allen please stand up?

PhoneNumberContingencyCallPlan3.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I like the last one with the truck Richard.

If you put those other names on the card, to me it is saying we have a problem with response if you don't call one of these people. If I got that card I would start at the top of that list of direct people and work my way down, esp with 2 of their names being Chavez.

Instead consider having your system (whether that be your phone system or out side service) call every 5 minutes to a different identified number so that by the 2nd, 3rd or possibly 4th that list is being called.

Our phone system actually calls our response personell and they they can real time be listening to the message left and then call the client back within 1-2 minutes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Instead consider having your system (whether that be your phone system or out side service) call every 5 minutes to a different identified number so that by the 2nd, 3rd or possibly 4th that list is being called.
They already do that for us too.

If you put those other names on the card, to me it is saying we have a problem with response if you don't call one of these people.
I thought the same thing but I would have our marketing girl to sell it as "we care so much that we want to personally insure we will be there when you need us." Or something like that.

Maybe I should take my name off the card and put the the lead tech's? would the real rob allen please stand up?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Don't do it Richard- negative moment of truth. Kinda like saying if ur not happy we'll come back free, why go there with any possibly percieved negative. Always assume success and tighten up system to make it so.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Local specialty guy Chris. Let me see if I can find the box for the brand.

Ken your mission should you chose to accept it is to come up with the line for me.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok Ken I changed the message of the Contingency card. This way it doesn't look like a negative but instead turns it into a positive.

What do you think?

PhoneNumberContingencyCallPlan.jpg

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I'm still trying to get my head around the purpose of this Richard- call me if u want to talk it through.

Ken

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
Richard, since you didn't seem to respond to slam on your love life. How about WE FIX FLOODS or WE FIX FLOODS FAST.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Richard take a look at Magnaplus. http://www.magnaplus.com They have lots of great ideas and good prices. Your local guy likley orders from them and doubles the price.

I am running low and may order some like this:
MPTH235%20Thumb.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Mike, they have some cool stuff. Actually the local guys gives 20% the list. Not sure how that compares but I can give his name and number he's a nice guy. Been buying from him for years, he's one of the few that still has a route and stops by frequently.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
24 Hour Emergency Response

(785) 232-3779

ALL CALLS RETURNED IN

5 MINUTES

Then just put your cells on the side. If they do not get a call back they will call until they get someone
Maybe make some larger and hang them on the water main shut offs

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks David!

Ken we had been using a plastic card like this but it's dated.

On the new one we decided to put personal contact numbers on it so no matter what, should our system breakdown the facilities manager can still get a hold of us.

2012-10-31_09-30-06_356.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Chris I could shrink the image and put the number beneath but the intent wasn't as an emergency card. We have a lot of other vehicles with out number on it, this is intended as back up if (when) our system fails.

Maybe I should add it, it couldn't hurt. Thanks

PhoneNumberContingencyCallPlanrevised.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Richard,
I used to say don't bother with your website on emergency response stuff- people would just dial. But given smart phones and tablets I find lots of people NEVER want to dial a phone. So I would definitely include your web site on everything.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.JonDon.com

PS Have you and Dan thought about a separate landing page for water losses? So for example you would have www.waterdamage/Chavez or whatever on the card and they would bypass your home page and go straight to this dedicated landing page. The page would be focused ONLY on water damage with a checklist of what to do, who to call (including all of your emergency numbers), safety tips, photos of other losses, how to deal with their insurance company, etc.

I think I feel another QuickTIPS coming on, Richard. Thanks for helping me get my thoughts in order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steve my head is about to pop! No we had not, I'll get with big D today and show him your suggestions.

We just finished our holiday cards and mold brochure and we are almost done with water and I'm working on comps for fire, residential carpet cleaning as well as a company brochure plus a dozen other pieces. I still need my wdr truck lettered, Wayne finished it and need him to get me a wrap for my Transits.

it's too much I give up..... need a nap! :winky:

Connor

Name
Connor
http://www.logome.com/Promotional+Deskt ... ets#Colors

Chris it's already setup for a plumber and is the shape of your truck.

Yes, it is. I used a box truck type magnet years ago, then went to a 2x3 square magnet from magnets.com and need to order some mo' and was thinking of changing it up. Thanks.

I just remembered that I got my truck magnets from a guy named Sholom at Stampworks, but your guy has a better deal. Thanks.

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Like you I like to change them up every few years.

I like the trucks, but I think it's an owners thing, the client might light something entirely different. You should do them some people collect the different shapes and really liked the trucks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom