Employees and Referral groups

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
How many here have other staff or technicians in a BNI or Letip group besides yourself ?

Are they getting as many leads as you ?

Do you have meetings to discuss whats going to be said so the same information company wide is being said by each member from your company each week ?

Do you have employees but don't bother having them join a networking group, if so why ?

Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't but I know if some who do.

Generally it depends on if that employee is commision or not.

Commision....they participate more

Employee's are a little different...you want them to participate but really it is on the owner to get leads for him or her to submit.
But what will usually happen is there is always something in the group that the employee might need or want so they can tip them.
If it is a good employee like you hoodster, then they will want to participate just to help out the company. so they look for leads to submit.

Getting leads is easy if you have a good company.

Bob Foster

I think it might be difficult for most employees to represent the company well. Generally they are hired to clean and not to necessarily well spoken and with enough context of your business direction to speak appropriately on many of the discussions that occur around the event. As most of you know more business relationship building is done during the informal portion of the meeting than during your designated infomercial. Could your designate handle that appropriately?

There are exceptions to this. One good point about having an employee represent you at a network meeting is enhances your relationship with that employee because you have shown that person that you have enough confidence to let them represent your company. It also it gives an employee more insight into why the company is run like it is.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
We desperately lack another marketing voice/arm in our business. I tried last year, but she had some baggage we couldn't overcome.

I would love to have some more "marketing" minded people. My FT guy is a good cleaner, but is not interested in generating new business or finding out how. That bothers me a bit, kinda like an order taker.

I think it would be good to send an employee in your place so they can make some relationships with "their" kind of people. Plus makes your business, look like a business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
boazcan said:
We desperately lack another marketing voice/arm in our business. I tried last year, but she had some baggage we couldn't overcome.

I would love to have some more "marketing" minded people. My FT guy is a good cleaner, but is not interested in generating new business or finding out how. That bothers me a bit, kinda like an order taker.

I think it would be good to send an employee in your place so they can make some relationships with "their" kind of people. Plus makes your business, look like a business.

That's what I was talking about last night in the Greenhorn Room.
Two different kinds of cleaners...Craftsmen (which he is) and Businessmen (which you probably are)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom