encap carpet cleaning

M

Mr. P

How many people do encap work and what machine do you use? I've been getting a lot of requests for quick drying cleaning. Any suggestions?
Thanks
nick

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wouldn't suggest it in any apartment complex.
Limitations on its effectiveness in removing abundant soil loads.

DRScrivner

The only time I do straight encap in Residential because the homeowner wants the lowest price possible I thorougly explain encap vs. HWE as I believe that HWE is better on MOST residential carpets.

So to dry quicker in residential I saw you have a Ninja and a RotoVac I would suggest.
1) 2 Inch Hose vs. 1 1/2.
2) Glides on your RotoVac- holes dry best, hybrid second best, slot glides third best.
3) Extra dry strokes (easier with glides).
4) An Airpath fan (or two).

Commercial I use:
1) Cimex with fiber plus pads.
2) Sprint CRB (sometimes instead of Cimex).
3) Releasit DS from Excellentsupply.com
4) Fans IF NEEDED, but normally not.
5) Encap Spotters from Vacaway.com
6) You can post bonnet with a Cimex if you need it dry REALLY fast, but you need to charge more.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You do know the old saying , "If the truth hurts"

I put nobody on a pedestal like some of you SHAMPOO geeks.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Personally, I wouldn't recommend doing ANY type of encapsulation cleaning on residential carpets. However, if you insist on doing it, the my suggestion would be to use a pad machine and "padcap" it. At least you'll be removing SOME of the soil doing it that way. Straight scrub-n-RUN encapsulation is a tremendous rip-off and no self respecting professional should be performing vodoo carpet cleaning such as this in residential settings.

Vodoo cleaning was made for commercial cleaning, but only as a maintenance method. For restorative cleaning, you need hwe.

G

I agree with all the above; but don't recommend it. Wanna cut down dry times; get a propane heater and glides as earlier suggested; I don't and won't offer encap, bonnet, or OP; due to the lack of dirt removing. Cleaning of these sorts are recommended only as interim measures.

Good Luck in your decision; and explain to custy's the nature of these methods.

windmarkbob

Quick Dry Cleaning...

1. vacuum
2. pre-spray
3. use a counter rotating brush to work the pre-spray in
4. rinse with a Rotary Drimaster (you'll use a helluva lot less water because of the crb machine even with a wand; preferable with one of Greenie's glides)

Mr. Coffee

DannyD

I use OP but not encap. IMO it's not as good as HWE. Yes it dries faster. There's no denying that. The challenge is OP doesn't do as good a job. In my case I have to save about 80% of the jobs w/ steam, so any savings in dry times is negated by having to bring in another machine.

Also, you'll find at the end of the day you've got a ton of pads to wash. You're going to use 30, 60, or 90 gallons of water depending on how many pads ya have. If you're going to do that ya might as well use that water on their carpets & clean em. Plus those pads will only be clean one time, the first time ya ever use em. If ya get one of those customers who watches your every move, make sure ya have a clean pad on top & be super duper quick about pulling one out from under it & placing it on the floor. :mrgreen:

There are places where I feel OP is better. On berber & also on filtration lines. So there are times it's handy to have. Overall though you're going to do a better job w/ HWE.

Last but not least. There's a guy on here named Loren Egland. Check out his site & see the pics. I don't think you're going to get results like that w/ OP & definately not w/ encap. Those 2 methods might work ok in an upstairs bedroom maybe where there's no dirt. They're not for heavy soil removal though.

Good luck to ya.

tim

OP for residential with tuway to avoid tip blooming
cimex with fiber pads for commercial

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Rickie said:
I agree with all the above; but don't recommend it. Wanna cut down dry times; get a propane heater and glides as earlier suggested; I don't and won't offer encap, bonnet, or OP; due to the lack of dirt removing. Cleaning of these sorts are recommended only as interim measures.

So now op and bonnet cleaning doesn't rot the carpet, or something to that effect, as you stated in previous posts?

must be the secret sauce again

Derek should be along any time to tell you a cimex and a vacuum is all you need for residential carpets to get them clean

Get an OP machine if that is were you are headed

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you want quicker dry times DUMP the rotovac that some salesman convinced you was the best thing since sliced bread, turn down the PSI on your portable to 300 or LESS and use a wand

The rotovac is a carpet soaking machine with or without glides compared to a wand

if you want to get into the encRap game, the most affordable way is with a 175 RPM rotary scrubber

You can also use the rotary to agitate pre-sprays before you extract with your porty.
You'll get a superior job compared to rotosoaker alone and your carpets won't be wet for 3 days

..L.T.A.

G

Unfortunantly; What I previously stated is true; I have pulled up a lotta commercial carpet; and it just falls apart as it is being removed; all these people ever used was some form of dry cleaning. While pulling up this carpet; I always fill up a smal shop vac with all the encapsulated dirt while preping the floor for new carpet. Believe what you may; but I know what I have seen as per my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom