Encap Crash Course- Anyone?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
I have never Encap'd before. I have a http://specsheets.jmcatalog.com/wainsa/ ... 112-EA.asp

and i would like to know how to do this type of cleaning effectivly. Anyone want to give me a quick run down on how this process works?

I know that it crystalizes the soil and requires vacuuming the next day, do you do the vacuuming yourself or have the janitor crew clean up after you?

Thanks guys.

Greenie

Ben, look up shampoo, it's all done the same, scrub it in brother.

The trick is in which juice is better and which are so so...

randy

Name
Randy
Fantastic website, lots of great ideas you have there. Encap is pretty easy. Spray the solution down, run a counter rotating brush over it and vacuum. The trick is getting a decent solution ( DSC spinvac, Vacaway, Cobb's encap, Harvard Chemical, and Core products all make great encap solutions). DSC spinvac is my favoriate, but @ 8 oz a gal it's a bit pricey. Suggested retail on it is $18.95 but distributors have been know to attempt to get $30 for it. Cobbs stuff is priced right and works very well.

Brush n clean / Whittaker counter rotating brushes are a real winner. The cimex has a following but I would tell you to try one of the previously mentioned with a blue brush for residential / yellow for commercial glue down , BEFORE FALLING IN LOVE WITH THE CIMEX. The Cimex will leave real horrible swirl marks/ lines in some carpets and they will not rake out that easily once the carpet drys. Raking really isn't an option anyway when you are doing a 50,000 square foot job.

The counter rotating brush is excellent to pre- scrub HWE jobs as well, so you will have a duel use unit.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Encapsulation is the new term for the OLD method......SHAMPOO.

Research on the web how to do it.

Basically scrub in the SHAMPOO then call it done.

But the actual cleaning is done by the PREVACUUM step.

You MUST prevacuum to be able to really call it cleaning.

randy

Name
Randy
meAt said:
randy said:
blue brush for residential / yellow for commercial glue down , .

you use encRap in res??
Do you ever get folks asking why the carpet is stiff and crunchy??

..L.T.A.

The carpet isn't stiff & crunchy when we leave. It's DRY and soft. Since dumping the truck mounts, I have not had one problem with a customer having an issue with crunchiness. If a place is really trashed we will HWE it, but most of our residential work can be done very well with encap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Thanks Randy.

you mentioned a couple encRapoos I've used.
DSC Spin Vac and Vac-A-way
I've also used Ricky's Releasit, CTI's juice (I forget what they call it) and Steamway's juice

what am I doing wrong?
cause all the cut piles I've used it on come out stiff the next day.
They don't look bad, but they are stiff.
The loop piles are too, just not as noticeable due to low loop construction.

I'm mixing according to directions.
RTU application rate is anywhere from 200 to 500sf pr gal

What are you doing different that your cut piles are "soft" ?

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

meAt said:
Thanks Randy.

you mentioned a couple encRapoos I've used.
DSC Spin Vac and Vac-A-way
I've also used Ricky's Releasit, CTI's juice (I forget what they call it) and Steamway's juice

what am I doing wrong?
cause all the cut piles I've used it on come out stiff the next day.
They don't look bad, but they are stiff.
The loop piles are too, just not as noticeable due to low loop construction.

I'm mixing according to directions.
RTU application rate is anywhere from 200 to 500sf pr gal

What are you doing different that your cut piles are "soft" ?
Thanks

..L.T.A.

I Can't WAIT to see this technique. :shock:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
bensurdi said:
I have never Encap'd before. I have a http://specsheets.jmcatalog.com/wainsa/ ... 112-EA.asp

and i would like to know how to do this type of cleaning effectivly. Anyone want to give me a quick run down on how this process works?

I know that it crystalizes the soil and requires vacuuming the next day, do you do the vacuuming yourself or have the janitor crew clean up after you?

Thanks guys.

Check out: www.encapboard.com Link to the video on the top menu!

and

http://www.releasit.com/page2/releasit_ ... ained.html

This will provide tons of info for you.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Larry;

The harsh hand is most likely from the "crystallizing" type encap products.
You know; brittle crystals, etc.

Have you tried a "film-former" type encap ??

The hand will be much softer.

I would be happy to send you a sample...

for a "board report" on some plush pile carpets.

Larry

randy

Name
Randy
What are you vacuuming with ? Is it dry when you leave or still wet ?

DSC doesn't leave the carpet stiff , not after vacuuming anyway.

I have never really had a customer mention stiffness, except once when we were experimenting with a new protector.
Scotchgard, Teflon, and just about any protector I have used will leave the carpet a bit stiff so I really don't see it as much of a problem. Our margins are through the roof since we start VLM so I'm happy with it. We still HWE on a few accounts, but I will never own another truck mount. Glad I sold them.

Take care

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
randy said:

it's still damp.
at 300sf pr RTU gal average, I'm not waiting around for a couple/three hours for it to dry.
(we only encRapoo or bonnetcRap empties when TM set up are a PITA)
and if I'm going to pre-vac (we always do when ecRapooing) then bring in airmovers to flash dry, THEN post vac, our efficiency (profit) goes down...

randy said:

That's what I've told a couple prop managers that mentioned the "chrunchyness", but as mentioned, I don't hang around to post vac

randy said:
I have never really had a customer mention stiffness, except once when we were experimenting with a new protector.
Scotchgard, Teflon, and just about any protector I have used will leave the carpet a bit stiff so I really don't see it as much of a problem. Our margins are through the roof since we start VLM so I'm happy with it. We still HWE on a few accounts, but I will never own another truck mount. Glad I sold them.

Take care
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to make it a sCampoo vs TM thing, i promise
I couldn't care less what someone else uses.

I am curious though, how much RTU juice do you apply?
1 gal pr 300sf?, 500sf?
I'm also curious if you're padding/bonnet pooing or using fiberplus/VCT type pads?
I'm assuming you're using airmovers, so how long do you wait around for the last room to dry before you post vac?
and how do you do that if applying protectant over top pixie dust crystals?

Thanks again

...................................................................................................................................

Larry, if you want to send me a qt of juice, that's fine.
(I like FREE stuff) :mrgreen:
be advised though, it's rare we encRap cut piles.
The only accounts we have that get bonnetpooed are low loop pile.
if i can sneak it in past Momma, I twirl some dirt with it my home though
Thanks

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
randy said:

Take care
Good to hear Randy,

My aunt lives in fairfax county, i'm trying to find someone that does good work in her area, do you have a website and what's your company name?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom