Encap crystal test

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I've done the test on two products. One is the Prochem Procaps Later. It dries to a very hard - almost varnish like substance in the dish. Another I have tested is a locally made solution which dries to a white crystal that looks very much like rock salt except softer. Thing is it has a slight oily residue surrounding it on the bottom of the dish which I guess would cause resoiling.
Of the best products that you are using for encap, what results have you had from the dish test? I'm curious to know what a good product should dry like exactly.
I've been using Pro Caps Later to date, and have found it to be pretty good, with no resoiling issues that I'm aware of.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah but do it for yourself...

shoot I even used it as a sales tool...

took my measuring cup out and showed them the little white flakes, and said "See isnt sticky and should vac right out" (I say should, cuz it aint my vacuum)

Name
Jesse
Here's the results of my dish test:

1. Release it- Dries to a moderately hard clear film. It develops stress cracks as it dries. Trying to remove it from the dish, it flakes away in some areas but only scratches in others.

2. ENC- Dries to hazy white shards like mini finger nail clippings, and little pieces similar to raw sugar. It clearly shatters on it's own and leaves a light powdery residue on the glass.

3. Windsor micro cap's- Dried to a extremely hard greenish film

4. Steamway's encapsulator- Dried to a extremely hard beige film

5. For comparison Pro's choice ARA- Dries to little cracked and brittle pieces like raw sugar, Amber colored.

The ARA had twice the polymers as the other products that were all pretty similar in mass, to bad it doesn't clean.

diamond brian

I'm curious. Did you dish-test these products diluted or straight? Do you find that one cleans better than another (besides ARA)?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hopefully you're testing yours in RTU form. Most don't dry brittle when you test them straight. My testing has shown me that most encap products don't actually dry brittle. VacAway and Crystal Dry are the two good ones.

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I've tested mine undiluted - procaps didn't crystallise at all it just went hard as a rock - like polyurethane. I'll try it RTU and see what happens. Makes more sense I suppose.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
What is so good about the vacaway products is that when that crystal dries in the dish all you have to do is shake it and it will all come loose from the sides.

NO other product does that as well.

And THAT tells me it will release from the fiber completely.

The RTU solution will flake away just as well. Spray some on a mirror laid flat and you can flick it off easily.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
If you do open up the bag you will find a fine white powder.

In the EnCApsULAtIOn E-MYTH those are tiny microscopic crystals.

But in real life theory the "Positive" residue merely dries out any stickiness in the soils left so you can vacuum them out.

Many of the Internet "Miracle" SHAMPOOS that are over hyped have a waxy opaque "Crystal" that is just not very crystal like!

Vacaways are HARD GLASS LIKE Crystals!

-JB-

Name
JB
WHAAAAA!!!!!?????

What is so good about the vacaway products is that when that crystal dries in the dish all you have to do is shake it and it will all come loose from the sides.

Jimmy, you feeling okay?

COME TO THE DARK SIDE!

we have cookies!

Name
Jesse
My tests were undiluted and the same amount. I let them cure a few days (I forgot about them). Enc, Release it, and the steam way product clean well. the windsor (prochem), and some Butler supply encap (not the Butler) from my local supplier don't clean well in testing.

Today I did another test some nasty olefin carpet in our shop. I used ENC, and Release it straight. The release it looked really good, the ENC looked really good as well however the carpet appeared lighter in color. I vacuumed the ENC side 3 times as much as the Release it side and got no difference in appearance from either product. Both were impressive but being bright green the release it looked better. We drive over it, repair and clean equipment every day, I'll let ya know if one holds up better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom